Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have photos of your town or city?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Do you have photos of your town or city?

Hi,

I'm trying to get together a collection of photos of different parts of NZ to go on the area guide on the website. If you have any of where you live, I'd be grateful for your contribution. 2 or 3 is all I'd need of each area. Also, if you'd like to contribute any comments about where you live, let me know!!

Thanks
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Good idea!

Should be able to forward 'everyday' photos of Kerikeri, Paihia and Whangarei in the next few days (off to Whangarei tomorrow). Just recently been to Russell, but may be going again within a couple of weeks. May have the odd one of other places, will have to have a look.

Do we put them on here or forward them, and any info, by PM?

:smiley:
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Blog Entries

Hi Glenda,

I've made you a member of the 'Site Contributors' group, so you can post everything in the 'Contributors Area'. You wont have seen it before, it's a new forum area I've just set up for such things which is normally hidden from view - not hidden to be secretive, just to not confuse readers as stuff will be added and removed regularly! You'll find it on the forum home.

Thanks Glenda
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Not exactly a town but a couple of snaps from Paekakariki Hill looking up along the Kapiti coast towards Paraparaumu. Taken 8/7/7 on a nice sunny winters day.
    Nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Here's to winter in NZ.

Thanks, Hatter. Nice to see some inspiring new photos on here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

sleepy is offline Junior Member

I've got quite a few pics from when I visited last year, they're mostly of scenery and stuff as opposed to towns, but they should all be titled correctly for where they are.

If there's anyyou want to use, just nab them from there, or give me a shout and I can send you the full sized images.

EDIT : Just noticed the no links rule, the pictures are on my Flickr account, if anone wants look, send me a PM and I'll fire the link over.
    Last edited by sleepy; 12-07-2007 at 01:42 PM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    EDIT : Just noticed the no links rule, the pictures are on my Flickr account, if anone wants look, send me a PM and I'll fire the link over.
    Sleepy, I don't know what links rule you're on about, but, if you mean the sticky at the top by Taffy, that only applies to people trying to sell stuff on the forum. It's there to remind folks that this in a NZ information forum and not purely a market place for their benefit. If the rule wasn't there we'd be overrun by ***** phone ads and other less savoury items. It's still bad enough on here even with the ruling in place.

So, if you've got a link to your photos to put on here, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to have a look at them. Just make sure you've allowed the photos to go public or we won't be able to view them.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Yeah, bring back the link!
    Taffy

sleepy is offline Junior Member

Ahhh, ok ... I kinda figured that, but didn't wanna step on any toes so soon after joining, so thought better to err on the side of caution

Not the best pics, im hardly *insert famous photographers name here*, but you should see the ones that didn't get uploaded!

Collection: New Zealand

Alison is offline Member

Once I get myself organised I will take some photos around New Plymouth/Taranaki abd send them onto you whichever way is the best.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast