Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Uploader

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Photo Uploader

At long last, the photo uploader is ready!

The uploader only accepts JPG files, and will fail with a security warning on everything else. They are also limited to files that are 1mb maximum in size

To log in, enter your normal forum username and password, no other registration is required. ?User names are case sensitive! ?Log in is only available to activated forum members.

http://www.movetonz.org/piclogin.php

Please feel free to use this uploader, but if you have some other means of storing photos, please use that over this to save space!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Photo Uploader

The log in didn't work properly for me (wouldn't you just have guessed as much? ? ;D ?::))

When I try to log in it tells me the details are incorrect and are case sensitive, but I'm using exactly the same log in details as I use for the forum i.e. lower case. ?I have a facility that enters my log in details for me so I know I'm not typing it wrongly. ? I did try entering my username beginning with capitals and as separate words and it let me in. ?Just to alert other users that they may have to fiddle around with it.

It works although had a few probs with my banner blocker preventing the upload. ?Works on the same principal as the previous uploader site. ?This is a view from the Kaima Range in the Waikato. ?Sadly it seems like we're back to smaller pics again but guess this is because the photos can't be stored off the site? :(. ?

Thanks for the effort Taffy. ?I know you've been busy.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

The easiest way to guarantee successful login is if you enter your name exactly as it appears on the forum, MB should log in as Mother Bear, and I would use Taffy etc etc.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Very strange . ?I used to log in on the old forum as Mother Bear but it wouldn't accept this on the new forum. ?I messed about with it and it finally accepted motherbear. ?As you may remember, a lot of people had major difficulties logging into the new forum with their old usernames.

I've since been logging in with motherbear and have something on here that offered to remember my details so I could log in automatically. ?Up until now, it's always been motherbear but now suddenly I've got another option 'Mother Bear'. ?Thought I'd give it a whirl to see if it works, but it doesn't. ?Won't let me in on that so it's back to motherbear which the photo uploader doesn't like. ?It prefers Mother Bear. ?I have a split personality now. ?
    Mother Bear

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Thanks Taffy for the photo uploader. I do hope members are quick to use it.

I will continue using photobucket so as to save space. ("Phew", I can almost hear you say!)

[smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

As soon as we upgrade our system, I'll be able to use Picassa.

Questions for Taffy: once I do get my photos on an internet site, should I replace my photos which are already on the forum? If so, how could I do that?
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

Taking in both Glenda's post and Selchie's question, would I be right in thinking that, if you have photos stored, say, on Photobucket or another site, then posted the link from that site onto the forum and later decide to delete the photos, they would also disappear off the forum? ?It would be the same thing if you move your photos from one site to another, hence giving them a different url. This is the downside of making your own storage arrangements as opposed to having a dedicated storage site for the forum. With the last forum we had an offsite storage facility to save space, but I guess we can't have that with this one?

I have seen a lot of red crosses on forums where it appears photos have been removed at source and I'm always afraid of deleting stuff in case this happens e.g. photos from news articles I've posted and which I don't personally want clogging up my account.
    Mother Bear

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

It is certainly the case that if I delete any photos on my photobucket album they will then disappear off this forum, my blog and anywhere else I've copied them onto.

Not quite sure how many photos photobucket will hold for me and for how long. Have quite a few pages now.
    [smiley=icon_confused.gif]
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Blog Entries

The photos have always been stored on the site space, Bear.

Dont be concerned about using the photo uploader. It's better to use it and keep the pictures live than have red crosses everywhere! If space gets thin on the ground, I'll just get some more 8-)
    Taffy

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

What a guy! You're our hero, Taffy [smiley=041.gif]
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast