Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I decided New Zeland is the country for us

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Why I decided New Zeland is the country for us

Hi there, I want to share three of the many pictures (hope I did the right thing of posting them) that I took in May 2005 during our vacation (myself and wife) to South Island. New Zealand is my country of choice from several years back when I read an article on the lifestyle, people, environment and opportunites there. I was just fresh out of the polytechnic and just started working. Several years later now, I have made the decision to immigrate to NZ and the trip in May 2005 further confirmed my plan.

The first picture is taken from somewhere along the road, I cannot remember where this place is as this was taken by my wife. Haha! I was driving all the time in a Maui campervan and it is impossible as everyone know to hold a camera taking pictures while handling the steering wheel and manual gear shift!

Anyway, being from Singapore where we never can view spectacular views like mist over mountains (we have no mountains here in Singapore....just tiny hills known as Bukit in Malay), not to mention to appreciate. Me and my wife would go "Wah......! OOOohhhh....!" whenever a view like this develop upon us during our entire 2000km of driving. Truely amazing! ? :D

Second pic is taken from Lake Takepo. I know this place because we have to stop and setup the tripod to take this pic. ? ;) ?Looks like summer but it is actually autumn with chilly winds. I remembered despite the chilly winds, we still bought some beer and snacks and sat at the benches around the edge of the lake till sunset, very beautiful!

Last pic was taken at the Queenstown where majority of our vacation budget was spent...hahaha ? We took the cable car up the hills and took this pic. While on the way up, we were dumbfounded to see sheeps grazing on the incredibly steep slopes! "huh....!" ?Anwyay...You can see clearly the town of Queenstown and the Remarkables range.... It was a beautiful sight and I remembered clearly that the air is superbly crisp and the surroundings is so calm and peaceful... ?

That's all from me for now...will share more when we finally move to New Zealand hopefully next year if we get the blue sticker! ? Good Luck to ALL!! ?

Pulsarblu...

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Great pictures! [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Queenstown really has to be one of the most beautiful towns in the world (in my opinion). We loved it there. Went up the gondola too, and down on the luges. We are not snow people, so wouldn't live there, but love it there any other time.

[smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the photos, Pulsarblu. Always nice to have a few glimpses of the chosen land.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

I am glad that you like them. I will post more when I can!

Till then.... :icon_razz:

Hi, more pictures and description...

First picture is simply...WOW!!!!! Beyond words...the beauty, serenity and calmness is.....u know

Second pic is funny, we were driving to Queenstown and we went thru this sheep farm. I was driving at about 110km/h so at first I did not notice something strange, I just see a bunch of colours along the fences. Then, suddenly my wife shouted "HAHAH!!, look those are bras on the fences!!" I stopped the campervan with a screech!! of course making sure there is no traffic behind me...made a U-turn and took this pic of bras placed by so many travellers along the fences. Can this considered as an Art? I think so and thanks to all who have contribute your closet clothing to this endeavor. I tried to persuade my wife to post hers up there but she refused... haha..
    I did not see any of the sheep chewing on the rubber straps or steel unders.. haha!! After this encounter, we saw another row of fences - this time dotted with sneakers...

Third pic is a beautiful picture of a small lake with a long long lasting rainbow. I do not know how long a rainbow lasted but this stay up in the sky for ages...! We were on our way to Milford sound when we took this pic...

Fourth pic is the famous building in NZ, the only castle in NZ - Larnach Castle! ;D

I have not seen anyone posted a real pic of a sheep here yet, maybe there is but I have not seen it yet...haha... This sheep is so cute, he/she moves into position while we pulled from the road and snap his/her pic..

Enjoy....and dream
    Pulsarblu

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

I had heard tell of the Bra Fence in Otago, but couldn't figure out where it was. Bummer for us. In the States I occasionally find a Shoe Tree.

Lovely photos!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Blog Entries

Second pic is funny, we were driving to Queenstown and we went thru this sheep farm. I was driving at about 110km/h so at first I did not notice something strange, I just see a bunch of colours along the fences. Then, suddenly my wife shouted "HAHAH!!, look those are bras on the fences!!" I stopped the campervan with a screech!! of course making sure there is no traffic behind me...made a U-turn and took this pic of bras placed by so many travellers along the fences. Can this considered as an Art? I think so and thanks to all who have contribute your closet clothing to this endeavor. I tried to persuade my wife to post hers up there but she refused... haha..
    I did not see any of the sheep chewing on the rubber straps or steel unders.. haha!! [smiley=icon_razz.gif] After this encounter, we saw another row of fences - this time dotted with sneakers...
    Bra-covered fence owner won't back down
    23.11.05 11.00am
    By Juliet Rowan

The owner of a bra-covered fence in Central Otago's Cardrona Valley has said he has no plans to take it down following claims it needs a resource consent.

The bra fence started in 1999 when four bras appeared on the fence between Christmas and New Year. The fence now has more than 800 bras, some with names, addresses and phone numbers attached.

The Queenstown Lakes District Council sought a legal opinion after a Cardrona Valley resident complained about the fence. ?The council was advised that the fence required a resource consent. ? John Lee, who owns the fence, said tourists from all over the world stopped in the Cardrona Valley to photograph the fence and it regularly featured in overseas media.

"It's given us our identity," he said.

He said most of the community supported the fence and he would not take it down unless they objected. He was taking legal advice on the issue of resource consent. ?National Party local government spokesman John Carter said the suggestion a resource consent was needed was "PC rubbish".

He said yesterday that the incident highlighted the need to reform the Resource Management Act.

"My advice to the council is to ignore the advice and the objectors and see if anyone is stupid enough to take it to the Environment Court," he said.

"It's these quirky little things that make us New Zealanders."

Council chief executive Duncan Field said the situation was unfortunate, calling it "an unintended consequence of the way the District Plan was drafted", but said the council was obliged to resolve the issue between the complainant and the fence owner.

"Both parties have rights here," he said.
    Mother Bear

nattydread is offline God like figure

i thought PC'ness and all that crap was banned in NZ..

I hate do gooders..
    but i'm going to start a do gooder club.
    Save the Bra Fence.

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

What do we want ??

BRA's

Where do we want them??

ON THE FENCE..!!

come on, everybody join in!!

Blog Entries

I think I?ll keep mine where they are now, thanks. I?m going to need every bit of cover for when I return to a more normal climate.

These almost look like Tibetan prayer flags, fluttering in the wind. Perhaps it should be cited that they be kept on religious grounds.
    Mother Bear

HAHA! ;D

A diverse country

Pulsarblu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast