Thread: Cost of Storage Units in Auckland

mountainlake is offline Junior Member

Default Cost of Storage Units in Auckland

We have a number of items we need to put in storage (e.g., we don't want them to clutter up our living space). We were going to put them in storage in the US, but if we end up staying permanently (which we are planning to), then we'll just have to ship them over anyway.

My husband is a little concerned about the cost of storage units in the Auckland area. Does anyone have any sample costs for a monthly rental? Thanks!

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

We had a storage unit in Tauranga while we were there - I think it was equivalent to the size of half a single garage. We used it for storing stuff that we didn't need or want in our house but didn't want to part with (antique bureaux and tables, table football and hockey, boxes of sentimental stuff etc) and that cost us about $170 a month. The one we used in Tauranga was Fort Knox, which I understand is now part of a company called Kennards which also has a presence in Auckland. I've just had a quick look at their website, but of course they don't have any prices on it!! You have to e-mail them for a quote.

Hope this is of some help.

Maggie

Maggie, that was very helpful, thank you. It made me think that I could look places up on line, also, and I found this helpful chart:

NATIONAL MINI STORAGE

Thanks again!

Islander is offline Junior Member

Hi

OK - I can help on this one. Check out a company called Kiwi Self storage. Kiwi Self Storage ? Secure Storage Units for Rent

They have 2 Auckland locations, one on Constellation Drive on the shore, and the other in Elleslie in the city.

Why this company? They are the only ones in Auckland that I've found that offer 24/7 access. Unbelievably, all the others seem to operate between opening times.

As for costs, I rent a few at the moment. Costs are roughly:
    3m x 1.5m $140 per month.
    5m x 3m $260 per month.

No long contracts to sign - literally week to week, very clean and dry, and the units are up to nearly 3m high so you can get a truck load of stuff in them. And they are very safe. I think both are run by owner/operators and they live on site. And you get free use of a trailer to move everything in.

And no, I don't work for them!

Islander, thank you so much!

Mika is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Hi

OK - I can help on this one. Check out a company called Kiwi Self storage. Kiwi Self Storage ? Secure Storage Units for Rent

They have 2 Auckland locations, one on Constellation Drive on the shore, and the other in Elleslie in the city.

Why this company? They are the only ones in Auckland that I've found that offer 24/7 access. Unbelievably, all the others seem to operate between opening times.

As for costs, I rent a few at the moment. Costs are roughly:
    3m x 1.5m $140 per month.
    5m x 3m $260 per month.

No long contracts to sign - literally week to week, very clean and dry, and the units are up to nearly 3m high so you can get a truck load of stuff in them. And they are very safe. I think both are run by owner/operators and they live on site. And you get free use of a trailer to move everything in.

And no, I don't work for them!
    you would make a good sales person for them