Thread: Moving next week

Zenji is offline Member

Default Moving next week

Hi,
    Finally everything is set. Next week on Tuesday 26th, I will finally leave for New Zealand!
    The journey is long though, I will get to Christchurch at 12.55pm on thursday 28th.
    Its now packing and things like that. Any suggestions on what to bring over?
    Thanks
    Zenji

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenji View Post
    Any suggestions on what to bring over?
    a) Yourself
    b) Your passport
    c) A few bucks for a coffee and a muffin when you land.

Sorted

Congratulations on your impending journey - keep in touch won't ya

Zenji is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Welshgirl View Post

Congratulations on your impending journey - keep in touch won't ya
    thanks
    I definately will keep in touch!
    Zenji

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

There's probably other threads on here somewhere about this sort of thing, but I would suggest packing all your important documents that you are likely to need in your first couple of months e.g. CV, job references, birth certificate, education-related certificates or qualifications, medical records if you have a copy, list of names, addresses and phone numbers/email addresses of anyone you are likely to need to contact both back home and in NZ, list of bank account numbers, passwords if you are likely to forget them (but keep separate from whatever they are linked to), other account numbers you are still dealing with and insurance policies.

If you have made a list of various accounts you have notified or stopped e.g. electricity, water, gas etc., bring that, too, so you can refer to it if you find your instructions haven't been carried out after all (I speak from personal experience ).

I can't remember, without looking back, if you have a container going to NZ. If so, you would need the documentation for this.

Bring any medication you will need, but also a letter from your doctor certifying that he/she has prescribed them, in case you have difficulty with immigration or customs. They are supposed to be pretty strict.

I guess you would know already to pack appropriate clothing and footwear for winter and all your toiletries for immediate use.

Basically, go through all the different scenarios you are likely to come up against and imagine what you would need to cope with them. Some of the paperwork might seem too cumbersome and unnecessary to take on the flight, but, if you put it in a container to follow later, you never know what may go missing or be delayed.

I hope your flight goes well and you aren't too jet-lagged that you can't enjoy your first days in your new land. Best of luck to you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.