Thread: Warning about international re-locatiom.

uniflyboy is offline Member
    Campbelltown near Sydney abou to move to Hamilton NZ

Default Warning about international re-locatiom.

When you are ready to move to New Zealand and appoint a moving company to move your possessions then ask them to assure you in writing that they do NOT use in New Zealand a company called THE MOVING COMPANY. If they do I suggest you refuse making a contract with them.

We ended up with the Moving Company and regretted it. Not only did they try to charge us more than $ 500 for what we paid already, they tried to charge us storage fees of $ 13.55 per day (which is ok) but immediatey more than $ 600.- for handling the storage. When our goods arrived there was major damage to our goods. Our washing machine had been dropped. The delivery van lost diesel coming out of the tank overflows like a river because the moron driver filled the tank just before delivering our furniture fully knowing that the driveway was sloped. That cause damage to the driveway.

The crew consisted of a limping small man and a thin teenager who appreared to be mot older than 16. They asked my wife to help them carry heavy items (as I was at work) as they were physically not capable to move many items.

Only some of the dramas. In any case, you can't phone them either. The responsible person is never in.

Avoid that company; the other ones seem to be ok.

Cheers

Alison is offline Member

We used Whites for our move who then used The Moving Company this but have to say we had absolutely no problems with them whatsoever, they where extremely helpful in all ways, the lady I dealt with over the phone and the actual movers where great. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with them, perhaps some offices are better than others? /shrug

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We had them at this end also.
    Again we couldnt fault the boys who done the move for us,and not a thing damaged.We are in Chch
    I did get a fright when i realised we had to pay custom taxes,but when i got on to our company from UK, he emailed a copy with my siggy
    I just hadnt paid enough attention at the UK side,well it was a lot to take in

I am sorry to hear of your problems ,as its hard enough as it is, without your belongings,then to hit problems like that,when you finally get them,well i could only imagine
    Hope you get it all sorted out
    Meadow

Landed in New Zealand 29th jan 2008
    Colin got job offer 21st feb
    Work Permit applied for 3rd march
    Colins work permit received friday 2nd may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010
    My work permit applied for 7th may 2008
    My work permit received 27th may 2008
    Dated till jan 2010

Arrived back in Scotland 21st July 2009

uniflyboy is offline Member
    Campbelltown near Sydney abou to move to Hamilton NZ

At least some had a good experience. May be we just had bad luck or they impoved their game since I thretened them with legal action.

Cheers