Thread: Anyone used White's shippers?

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone used White's shippers?

We have had our three shippping quotes - PSS, John Masons & Whites. Price wise they are all similar. Have read a lot about PSS & John Mason but not seen much about Whites. Has anyone used them and got anything good or bad to say?

Also has anyone got any experience of NZ Van Lines or the Moving Company in the Christchurch area? This may help us decide which shippers to go with.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Alison is offline Member

Hi Nicky

We used White & Co and had an ok experience with them, they gave a very competitve quote for a shared container.

The only negative things I have to say against them is they where a bit misleading to us with regards to the timescale on using a shared container, when we had the man round getting all the information he told us though shared containers don't leave straight away they are usually gone within a month, so off course after they picked up our things at the beginning of June, when I phoned them the end of August to find out when to expect it to arrive as we where just about to move into our new house, we found out that the things hadn't even left yet! I was not happy to say the least and when I asked how long they would have left it before either contacting us or sending it anyhow was pretty much fobbed of and got the impression it would have just sat there and sat there for months, so to cut a long story short it was only after lots of complaining on my part that they eventually sent it on and it arrived the end of October.

So in hindsight we would have gone for a whole container to ourselves whether we needed it or not to avoid the delays, but we where lead to believe there wouldn't be much of a delay. Otherwise I would have no complaints with them apart from the communication side.

Sorry for rambling a bit but hope that helps

Alison is offline Member

Oops forgot to say, it was The Moving Company who dealt with our things once they arrived in NZ and had no problems whatsoever with them, had a very good service and once our things arrived in NZ they got them to us very quickly up in New Plymouth.