Thread: House for rent in Christchurch

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Default House for rent in Christchurch

Having been here for a year, we have made the plunge and bought a house. We're hoping to move in early January so our rental place will be available if anyone needs a base in Christchurch.

It's in Halswell on a new sub-division, 4 bedrooms, double garage, heatpump and double glazing. $450 a week. PM me for more info and pics.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, Kokopeli. Bet it's a great feeling to have your own home at last. It was a shock to me to hear, on another post, that you've already been in NZ a year. It really doesn't seem that long. Time is certainly flying, for me, anyway.

Here's hoping your new house will be a great base from which to explore and enjoy all that NZ has to offer.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Quote Originally Posted by kokopeli View Post
    Having been here for a year, we have made the plunge and bought a house. We're hoping to move in early January so our rental place will be available if anyone needs a base in Christchurch.

It's in Halswell on a new sub-division, 4 bedrooms, double garage, heatpump and double glazing. $450 a week. PM me for more info and pics.
    I guess you've had a busy week, too! Please tell me it isn't that one on the hill with the camp shower in the sleepout!

We actually might be interested. The timing works out, as our lease on this place is up end of January, and I really need a garage!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

kokopeli is offline God like figure

KH - It's not the one on the hill, although we did go back for a second look. Great views, but I found what looks like asbestos in the garage roof and water damage on the ceilings under the balconies. Needs too much work to be viable.... especially the price they want!

MB - We can't really believe it's a year ourselves - wow! It doesn't seem like ten minutes since we were chomping muffins at Glendas! And then again, so much has happened since we got to NZ that the UK feels a whole life time away.....

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Great news Koko and sounds like good news for KH too
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land