Thread: Intend to move items Galway Ireland.

Tribesman is offline Member

Talking Intend to move items Galway Ireland.

Hi,
    I intend to move some item from Galway to Christchurch. But would not seem worth paying for 20ft. container to bring everything. i wonder if anyone would have any advice . move things like sterio,bed linen, chair, cuttlery etc. china, and bedcloths pilloes, and a fair bit of cloths. Say mayby crate to fill about 3 or 4 cubic metres. Does anyone know where i might start to go about this
    delighted if anyone could advise thanks. Tribesman.
    Removals are giving me big stress especially from Ireland.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Tom,

There's been a few discussions on ways to ship belongings on here before, so it's quite a common concern. Perhaps, if you read through this old thread it might give you some ideas, although I'm not sure how different things will be in Ireland compared to other places. Dawn is asking on there how to ship without having PR, but there's still some interesting facts about ways to ship stuff.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

loopylu is offline Member

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread Tribesman but I've been wondering the same sorts of questions... I am going over on a WHV and intend to try and do a season snowboarding while I'm there - however am going via the Grand Canyon and Fiji (during which I will definitely NOT appreciate having to lug my snowboarding gear with me) so I was thinking of having it shipped over once I'm there... it's only 1 box (50cmx50cmx50cm) + snowboards so not a huge amount of stuff but having just read the link that MB has given from previous discussions I am now worried that I will have to pay GST - is that correct - even though I'm over on a WHV and using the 'used' equipment in said box to help me 'work' and 'holiday'...??? Ahhh... there's so much to think about and tickets are now bought so it's starting to feel a real rush to get everything sorted and organised...
    Arrived in New Zealand on WHV on 5th Feb '08.

Facebook ID: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=704762406

Tribesman is offline Member

Hi There,

Dam I have decided to get a 20ft container ,because a small part load works out to expensive and the cost of quality goods in N/Zealand is very expensive in relation to cost of living. You might get caught withgst as far as i can understand if you havent got your residency on passport for collection. But for the small amount you have you are probally better off getting currier opps spelt it wrong.
    Sorry i cant help you more Bye