Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are they now??

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default Where are they now??

Just having a nostalgic trip back through some of my old posts on here, and was wondering if anyone knew what had happened to the likes of The Waters and Moose who used to post regularly on here and who headed out at around the same time as we did I think. (I know that SteveyC and family came back to UK - anyone hear from them as to how they have settled back?) I know that Moose and family ended up settling in the Tauranga area with her hubby having a complete change of career and that the Waters did a big trip round the whole country with a view to settling somewhere on a lifestyle block, but was just thinking about them and how life is going now.

Ah well, back to real world now - kids are screaming at each other over some hideous cuddly toy!!

Maggie

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

There's been many people over the years who were regular members who just disappeared into the abyss. Must be the virtual deodorant or something!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiemoo View Post
    Just having a nostalgic trip back through some of my old posts on here, and was wondering if anyone knew what had happened to the likes of The Waters and Moose who used to post regularly on here and who headed out at around the same time as we did I think.
    I do a lot of searches through old posts when I'm looking for info for folks and often wonder how the 'old' members are doing and where they are now. It's like having watched an interesting serial for months and then not get to watch the ending. I did see Helen Waters on here just last week and was hoping she might post again, but she didn't. Sent her a PM to ask how she was doing but didn't get a reply.

Used to also see Moose on here now and again but haven't seen her for quite a while now.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    There's been many people over the years who were regular members who just disappeared into the abyss.
    Unlike me who just can't keep away!!!

Blog Entries

One of the faithful few eh Maggie? I'll have to start awarding long service medals or something!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Ummmm I also agree it's sad when you don't get to hear how it turns out for folksies. There are also those who disappear and you're really quite glad they've gone.....oooooooooo......bet some of you are shouting out 'yeah you' now. But you know what I mean.
    For us, it was hard to post whilst we were travelling and then it's taken ages to get our broadband sorted and in that time I can imagine how you kind of get out of the habit of posting. You're so caught up in getting on with the ordinary mundane day to day stuff that you don't think you're doing anything that anyone would want to know about, it's just stuff, but thinking about it now when I was in the UK and eager for all things NZ, it was the day to day stuff I wanted to know about.
    I don't think you'll be getting rid of me very quickly, the forum boss is always round our house begging Gary to cook for him (apparently WG's rubbish in the kitchen - Taffy told me) and I am committed to bringing you the best radio show on any NZ forum anywhere.
    Listen to the next one folksies for more takes on NZ life.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Still Here!

I certainly haven't made it to New Zealand yet, although I am thinking about moving my date to February instead of July - just not sure if I can do it on my own and wait for BermyGirl to join me in July. Needless to say, I just wanted to let you know that I am still around and pop in from time to time. I have started my Communications course and between work and my son, barely find time to study. I am exhausted before I even start. I am committed to completing this course and a pass would of course make it worth all of the stress.

Hi to all! I will try to stay in touch over the next few months.

All the best,
    Shell
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

bstar is offline Member

Just thought I would post a quick reply on here....I have landed safely, and having my first (cold!) weekend in Auckland! Cannot believe how chilly it is here....and feeling the cold too without central heating!
    BUT...it is so nice to be here, and slowly easing myself in to NZ life.....exciting and a little daunting at the same time!! Still finding language barriers...but that is fun in itself! Looking forward to the next few weeks and seeing what they bring for me!
    EOI submitted 9th April 2007
    EOI drawn 11th April 2007
    ITA received May 8th 2007
    ITA received by NZIS June 1st 2007
    PR approved by NZIS June 19th 2007

Arrived in Auckland August 23rd 2007

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Hooray for Bstar!

Funny how we all speak English, but there's a language barrier!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Blog Entries

Cor blimey, another one hit's NZ soil!
    Taffy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast