Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 days and counting!

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default 13 days and counting!

Can you believe it? Two years of waiting and frustration. Talking to you guys on here and loads of others that have come and gone. Feeling envious of those posting similar posts to this one but pleased for them at the same time OBVIOUSLY! (Lucky SOB's) Feeling upset for those who never made it or who did but then had to come home. Now it's our turn and we're not sure how we feel.

When we woke this morning the first thing Gary said (after 'I love you, you are my everything' - coz he says that to me every morning or is that before I wake up?) was, 'in two weeks time we'll be somewhere over the Pacific'.........woah. That time line thing is crazy though isn't it? We're flying through LA so will go back 8 hours when we leave here and land in LA not much later on the same afternoon we left home then we fly for another 11 hours and land in NZ 2 days later. We'll be fit for nowt I reckon.

Just wanted to share.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Can you believe it? Two years of waiting and frustration. Talking to you guys on here and loads of others that have come and gone. Feeling envious of those posting similar posts to this one but pleased for them at the same time OBVIOUSLY! (Lucky SOB's) Feeling upset for those who never made it or who did but then had to come home. Now it's our turn and we're not sure how we feel.
    Must be a strange feeling, Dawn, now that's your turn's finally coming up. You're bound to be a bit apprehensive about what's in front of you as your future is now an open book, ready to be written in. It's still very exciting at the same time as it's a complete new start for all of you. Enjoy your last days in the UK and take a deep breath, ready to face the journey ahead of you. Lots of new places to see, new friends to meet and a new life to build. Sounds great. Here's wishing you all the very best.

Here, have a lucky black cat to bring you luck.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Don't trash the place before we get there ... we all know how wild you can be!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Blog Entries

Taffy is there some kind of secret camera attached to this radio thing?? How else would KH know about my wild child reputation? KH how do you know, how do you know? I'm going to NZ to leave my past behind and re-invent myself!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Aaww don't do that, we love you just the way you are

For one reason and another, I didn't have a long time to prepare before I left the UK - once I got the green light, I was gone within a week (and no, I'm not a criminal who was fleeing the country, it was all to do with a poxy court case!), so I never had the time to say proper goodbyes with parties and things, but I also never had to suffer the months of anticipation and nerves and doubts that we were doing the right thing. I can therefore only imagine how you must be feeling Dawn, such a mixture of emotions but above all (hopefully...) looking forward to it.

I hope NZ turns out to be everything you wished for and we look forward to seeing you on the other side of the world. Enjoy your remaining time in the UK

missvee is offline Senior Member

I am excited for you Dawn, these are the kind of emotions you will go through.
    & & probably this you will do some of this which will lead to . When you get here you will be this & and when you eventually get to come back on here we will go

You will feel relief that you have finally done it and when you see the sights your jaw will drop. You will be amazed at peoples friendliness and helpfulness. I look forward to your comments. You will be forgiven if we don't hear much from you in the few days left in UK and the first few weeeks here. Things get frantic and the last thing you want to do is talk to a set of nutters, kidding!
    By the way, have you got your release date out of the padded cell?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Taffy is there some kind of secret camera attached to this radio thing?? How else would KH know about my wild child reputation? KH how do you know, how do you know? I'm going to NZ to leave my past behind and re-invent myself!
    Yes, I'm filming you all.. muhahahaha MuHahAhAhaHAhA

Or not. Sorry, medication time for me.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missvee View Post
    By the way, have you got your release date out of the padded cell?

My padded cell is waiting for me at Taffys house but I think I've managed to escape it by threatening to throw my dinner at him so fingers crossed everything should be OK.

Your post was cool Vee. You're right. I am feeling all of those things but WG's right too, above all I am excited. Just want to be gone now. Had a bit of a scare that other day when the vet rang to say that one of the dogs tests had come back positive so she has to have another blood test and possibly treatment otherwise we could be leaving her behind. One day at a time eh?

ShellBda is offline Oh Masterful One

Dawn, you must be so excited! Bermy Girl and I are only going for a visit in 2 weeks time and we are jealous of all of those who are making the final move. You are a strong woman and will do great. There has been no further mention of our black rum tea party at Taffy and WG's. I think they feel that if they don't mention it we won't show up! I am sure you and I can connect and drive to their house together on JULY 23RD!!!! They won't even know we are coming until we pull into the driveway.

If anyone truly wants to meet us, first option is to show up at the Kingslander bar in Auckland the evening of Friday, July 21st. Look for the tall blond with wavy hair (that's not me) and the tall redhead sleeping in the corner (we will have landed in Auckland at 4:30am that day!). Hopefully, we will be the ones surrounded by a bunch of hulking rugby players' assuming they show up.
    (That's BermyGirl in the middle and me on the end)

I believe we have a cell number for when we are in NZ. PM me if you would like it. Seriously!!!

All the best to you Dawn. I will be thinking of you.

Shell
    God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Did someone mention a black rum tea party? Count me in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast