Thread: Got Structured List's???

Duke is offline Senior Member

Default Got Structured List's???

Take a look at my profile, I have joined this forum about a year ago...I have been reading and not writing most of the time(some of my replys and threads were erased,not many to contribute though) and I would have to say the forum has very helpful info. I still have one problem though...
    HOW DO I MAKE THIS IMMIGRATION A REALITY LEGALLY?
    Just like most of you, I have been reading about a million websites of NZ.... Lots of useful information that seems straight forward for the one that understands it, well, I dont, remember I come from a country that thinks its a sin to move from. I would only hope to see another immigrate's structure list to moving out of the USA, because Im already living in point B and point A is still left unfinished. Let me break my situation down to you, and maybe a kind heart could help us.
    First and formost, selling our crap either by yard sale/donations, packing all our memoriabilia neatly, selling our bungalow, sell/donate the many cars I have. getting the dog chip and permits, health/police records(when to get them?), all important certificates(marriage, birth, and union),Figure out what info I need to leave the USA(tax,ss,etc..) get tickets from LA to NZ( For Sept.2009), I will be making the drive from Ohio to LA with my dog, not sure about the proceedure with pets arrriving in California and departing the US to NZ, I know she will be quarintined in Aylesbury,ChCh...any real story would help...I am planning to job search through NewjobZ/SkillsNZ, yes, it cost money, but they do help with immigration paperwork and job offer, so I think it is money well spent...(any disagreements??)
    You can see I have alot of on my plate to digest...I have some college(horticulture, I wanted a turf farm in early years) and ending up joining a craft trade(boilermakers) for my occupation...but truthfully, Im stumped...there just seems to be so much info to retain. I do work long hours and time spent preparing is always rushed, so if anyone could structure a list of thier own personnal( or mine, if you want too) agenda on getting to NZ, it would be greatly appreciated....I too want to live a slower pace of life

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I am planning to job search through NewjobZ/SkillsNZ, yes, it cost money, but they do help with immigration paperwork and job offer, so I think it is money well spent...(any disagreements??)
    Hi Duke,

Sorry some of your posts were lost. Perhaps that was after the hacking on the old forum and we swapped over to a new safer one. I found this thread of yours from the old forum, so there's still a bit of you left on here.

Regarding Newjobz/Skillsnz, I posted this a while ago. It's just a precautionery tale.

I think many people will agree that finding your way through the immigration process can be complicated, bewildering and very time consuming. It's because of this that forums like this one exist. The NZIS site can be similar to wandering in a maze only to find yourself back where you started and still with no answers to your questions.

I'll leave it to see if one of our other American members can start you off in the right direction as, hopefully, their experiences should be similar to yours. As you say, you need a definite structure to follow and I hope someone can provide you with one.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Duke, let me first say, "Good luck!" You are beginning what will be a long and at times frustrating process ... but as they say, nothing worthwhile is easy.

The best place to begin is The Quick Check at NZIS and then complete the points indicator. You can find the long terms skills shortage list here and see if your occupation/trade is listed.

This will give you an idea of how realistic your chances are, assuming you don't have millions to invest in NZ, aren't marrying a Kiwi, or joining your family there.

Once you've done those things, check back in ... it's a long ride!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Duke is offline Senior Member

I figure without a job offer in NZ, We land at the 125 pt mark...I need 140 to be looked at, right?. I am a boilermaker( boilermaker, iron ship builder,blacksmith,forger&helper) I could pass for a welder/ fitter ( which is on NZ long term shortage), maybe a pipefitter, if desperate measures need to be taken.haha! The Boilermaker field of construction in Nz call themselves Heavy Fabricators, I do believe, and yes I belong to a union and carry a journeymans book in the USA...I think that is respectable enough to get a job. Boilermakers in the US build and rebuild machines of hate, power plants, oil refineries, steel mills,,, etc.etc. this is what work that I will eventually look for in NZ, considering a shipyard...like Lyttelton..I really enjoyed the Banks Peninsula, I think I could live there. I was looking at Little River for schooling for my daughter, I would like a small but good school, and area to live in.

Thank you Mother Bear...yes I did wonder about NewjobZ changing the name...I think I invested $300NZD so far(thier associate package) and they are asking for more, I think Ill wait it out. The representatives have been very responsive before and after this change. I will be checkin out some other companies in my spare time.This reminds me of the movie "nothing but trouble" wth Chevy and Akroyd as Judge Valkenheiser, the judges daddy said "never trust a banker", stands true... I hope my judgement on this is genuine, but I will not be folish, so that is why I would like to learn this immigration process myself... I just thought it would be stress free not to have to deal with the legal end Im about to understand..
    Yes, my time researching is very limited.

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

Having a look at the May 23rd selection from the EOI Pool, it appears that depending on how many points you can claim for work experience, you could be selected with as few as 100 points if you can wiggle your qualifications into one of the areas of absolute skills shortages.

I believe the logical next step would be to have your qualifications examined by the NZQA.

I'm hoping someone else who has experience coming up through the trades can weigh in here, since that has me at a bit of a loss.

One other note: Don't be too anxious to get everything else done. Be sure your EOI will have a reasonable chance of being selected before you take steps like having your police background check, your medicals, etc. since a lot of that stuff could expire before you are ready to complete and turn in your ITA. You can take a look at my earlier thread for some advice with that.
    Last edited by KiwiHopeful; 02-07-2007 at 11:31 PM.
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Default SkillsNZ/NewJobZ

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I am planning to job search through NewjobZ/SkillsNZ, yes, it cost money, but they do help with immigration paperwork and job offer, so I think it is money well spent...(any disagreements??)
    Just to let peeps know, NZ Companies House website shows this company went into liquidation on 29 August 2007.

See here. Search on their registered name: Skills New Zealand Ltd

Sal

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Well spotted, Sal. This lot has been bad news for a long time.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.