Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Shippers

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Default Animal Shippers

We're bringing out our 2 wee monsters with us, Molly & Maisi, from Glasgow & wonder if anyone has any experience, good & bad, of animal shippers.

Many thanks
    Sal
    Attached Images Attached Images

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Sal

Here's a list of pet shippers around the country. From what I've heard, Golden Arrow have a consistently good reputation for caring for and shipping pets but I don't think they have email or a website. They might be a bit far out for you, too.

Company Name: Golden Arrow Shippers
    Airports Served: MAN
    Telephone: 01588 680240
    Fax: 01588 680414
    Address: Lydbury North, Shropshire SY7 8DY

Perhaps someone has a recommendation for a shipper nearer to you.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hi Keeweegal, we really do have a monster! We're shipping a Newfoundland and an Old English Sheepdog on the 15th July, same flight as us. We are using Ladyhaye. They have been extremely professional and proficient so far. They have provided all the paperwork and a veterinary schedule with exactly what dates to get what done - great help. They have applied for export licence to be sent to vets ready for filling in etc. Would recommend them. And they came in with the cheapest quote. ?5k for the two. Quite a few of the others who I spoke to said that they were unable to be competitive with bigger dogs and they didn't know why. let me know if you need any other help
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Dawn, I'll try them. I've had a quote from Pets on the Move & spoken to the woman who owns the business, who seems very good, but it always helps to hear from someone with personal experience! I look forward to hearing from you again when you've reached the other side!

We'll have to leave ours here for a week or so, so we can get organised with accommodation. I think we'll have trouble finding rental accommodation that takes dogs once we're there, let alone from here! But please let me know if you have any ideas about accommodation.

Thanks
    Sal

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keeweegal View Post
    We'll have to leave ours here for a week or so, so we can get organised with accommodation. I think we'll have trouble finding rental accommodation that takes dogs once we're there, let alone from here! But please let me know if you have any ideas about accommodation.

Thanks
    Sal
    We will be in the same boat except we have 3 biggies & 1 small one. I'm not sure how long to leave them in the UK before we ship them over - I don't want to ship them over too soon and find we haven't got accomodation sorted but we don't want to be away from them for too long. Also there is the cost of extra kennelling to consider. Any thoughts from others would be a great help.
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

We are lucky enough to have met a Newfoundland breeder who lives in Tuakau south of Auckland. She is going to have our two for us for at least the first 30 days whilst we go on a whistle stop tour and look for accommodation. She said they could stay as long as we needed so it takes the pressure off us to find somewhere immediately. If I had to start looking for accommodation that would take us and the dogs before I even got there I think I would have gone mad. It's much easier to do it on the ground or so I'm hoping!
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

firing1 is offline Member

Hi keeweegal,
    we used Golden Arrow to bring out our two dogs and they were brilliant. Well worth the money and they really looked after them for us. We now have a hungarian Puli, nightmare thing covered in dreadlocks. Likes humping Taffy's leg when he pops round !!!

Paul

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firing1 View Post
    Likes humping Taffy's leg when he pops round !!!
    And not so much as a bloody phone call after either. He makes me feel so used
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'll hump your leg too if you like - and at least afterwards, I'll hang around long enough to tell you I love you

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Oi, you Taffy and Welshgirl, you two lovebirds, can you keep this clean????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast