Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety...

bstar is offline Member

Default Anxiety...

...even though I am excited about the prospect of my move and being with my OH (finally)...I am experiencing extreme mood swings and panic about all the things I have to sort out, and trying not to ensure that I have any loose ends.
    There is so much to do, and I am worried that I won't get everything done before I leave!
    Is anyone else experiencing the 'anxiety' and feeling in limbo? To be honest...it is horrible and very stressful!
    EOI submitted 9th April 2007
    EOI drawn 11th April 2007
    ITA received May 8th 2007
    ITA received by NZIS June 1st 2007
    PR approved by NZIS June 19th 2007

Arrived in Auckland August 23rd 2007

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hello,

You're not alone so dont worry. I think every one when they go thru a move as big as this feels this way.

We went through it all last year when we came across on the WHV. Are we doing the right thing, have we packed enough, have we told the right people about our move etc etc etc...it all falls into place trust me.

Now we're going through it all again applying for PR - dont think we felt we got stressed enough last year

bstar is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by LilAmy View Post
    Hello,

You're not alone so dont worry. I think every one when they go thru a move as big as this feels this way.

We went through it all last year when we came across on the WHV. Are we doing the right thing, have we packed enough, have we told the right people about our move etc etc etc...it all falls into place trust me.

Now we're going through it all again applying for PR - dont think we felt we got stressed enough last year

Oh no! Your poor thing!
    Good luck with your application! I think the only thing that can help with the PR application is patience....definately a quality that I do not possess! It is clear after this exercise of moving!!

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

You wait until you get to the other end, when you walk out of the airport, suitcases in hand. First thing that springs to mind.... 'Holy S**T!'
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

We're definitely experiencing this just now bstar! We leave in 5 weeks! To make things a little more complicated we're just heading out on visitors visas so we don't know whether to let the authorities know (like the Inland Revenue) that we're going or whether to wait until we're sure we're not coming back before doing that? Child benefit, maintenance payments, mobiles - do we switch when we land or keep the contracts going here in case we come back, loads to think about. We're just ploughing through them all one at a time. I'm panicing at the moment because I can't find my divorce papers and I know they'll want to see copies of all that documentation if we ever get to apply for PR so want to take everything with us just gonna find out now whether I can get another from somewhere.

So, sorry to answer your question, you're not alone. We're all going through or have been through the same thing. Just keep breathing.......in.......out.....in.....out
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

RedAlligator is offline Member

Totally totally natural what your feeling. I think most of us go through that. When we moved here 5 1/2 years ago my blood pressure went through the roof! And I didnt even think I was stressed!

Like Dawn says, your certainly not alone.

bstar is offline Member

Thanks everyone...certainly makes me feel better, and not that I am going madder than I already am!!

Know it will all be worth it in the end....as long as I don't give myself a coronary before hand! And to think I have only myself to worry about! Can't imagine what people must go through if they have a whole family to move out there!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

We've got kids and they drove us mad years ago, so what's another little bit of madness to add to the equation......

firing1 is offline Member

It is scary but remeber there are thousands of people who've done this before you and there is plenty of help around. You just have to remember to ask for it. We had a bloody film crew with us when we came out now that was stressfull !!!

Paul

KiwiHopeful is offline God like figure

You're not crazy ... and if you are, you're certainly not alone!

I would go through phases where I stayed away from this board for weeks at a time b/c even thinking about the whole thing made me *literally* sick. I'm kind of zen with everything now, which is easy because even though there are a million things to sort out, I have my visas in hand.

Hang in there, keep your eyes on the prize, and think about how wonderful it's going to be when you step off the plane!
    EOI Submitted: July 20, 2006
    EOI Selected: August 2, 2006
    ITA Received: October 12, 2006
    ITA Submitted: February 2, 2007
    Migrant Levy Paid & Visas Shipped: June 6, 2007
    Arrived in NZ: July 26th, 2007
    Leaving NZ: June 1st, 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast