Thread: Out the house & out of the forum!

Default Out the house & out of the forum!

>:(

Good news is we moved out of the house on friday - all done & dusted. Traumatic & stressful but all clear ahead now!

I see that the forum has upgraded to YaBB2.1 - but SOMEONE "ex-membered" me.

Anyway I am on dial up at the mother-in-laws house, so posts will be a bit limited.

Hope everyone is ok, watch this space

Cheers

Nick

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Out the house & out of the forum!

Not to worry, Nick. ?A lot of us were 'ex-membered' a short while ago, starting with me. ?I thought I'd been given the sack! ?

It's not so much that the forum has been upgraded for the sake of it (I'm sure Taffy would have warned us), more that poor Taffy had to bin it as the cause of a heap of problems on all his many business/company websites when a hacker used the forum to gain access to the server.

Bah, phooey to all hackers ? >:(. ?Gave me a hell of a fright when I logged in yesterday to find a black page informing me that the site had been hacked, along with anti-war slogans and a video of a young Oriental girl chanting something quite frantically. Did anyone else see it?

By the way, good luck with your remaining time in the UK. Hope you can manage to relax and enjoy, ready to start again on the other side.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

What's going on??? Had the pants scared off me yesterday or was it Saturday!! Won't let me in, won't recognise me, not valid password, not valid username WHAT????

I've had to change everything to get on here.

Sorry Nick, good luck with everything matey
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

What's going on??? Had the pants scared off me yesterday or was it Saturday!! Won't let me in, won't recognise me, not valid password, not valid username WHAT????

I've had to change everything to get on here.
    Yes, difficult times, Dawn. ?Sorry you had a fright, but at least it wasn't quite the same fright as I had when confronted with a screen stating the forum had been hacked and which was full of anti-war slogans and young girl screeching . ?It felt just like the forum had been violated, which, of course, it had. ?

We're still recovering from it and Taffy is steadily working his way back to normality as this new site isn't compatible with the old one and he's had a lot of extra work putting things to rights as well as doing his day job. Unfortunately there was no way of warning people what was happening. ?I suspect quite a few people have turned tail the last few days, not understanding what had transpired. ?Odd that so few have commented on it, too. ?Perhaps being hacked is a taboo subject.

I had to merge my username into one before it would accept me. ?Perhaps it can't cope with people signing in with 2 separate words, although it does show up on the forum as 2 words.

Sorry Nick, hijacking your thread. ?Oooh, sore point. ?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.