Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to New Zealand? Get your job here before yo

Kylie is offline Junior Member

Default Moving to New Zealand? Get your job here before yo

Hi,

This is to let you know that the Opportunities New Zealand Expo is on again in London and Manchester this October.

This job focused Expo is supported by Immigration New Zealand and is the perfect opportunity to get all the advice you'll ever need on migrating down under before leaving the UK.

The expo is taking place in London at the Earls Court IBIS Hotel on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 13-15th October, and at The Palace Hotel, Manchester, on Saturday and Sunday, 21-22th October 2006.

Receive a reminder of the expo by pre-registering at www.expo-newzealand.com

Comments from past visitors can also be viewed here: www.expo-newzealand.com/expo/london/comments.php

This event has proved invaluable to thousands of people over the last six years. If you're looking for a job in NZ or need advice on obtaining points this is the place to be.

See you there!

Thanks
    Kylie Barker
    Event Organiser

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the info, Kylie. The expos are always a big talking point on this forum at certain times of the year, although it has to be said, a great number of our members are already on the verge of flying off to start their new lives. It'll be empty on here soon.

Welcome to the forum.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Moving to New Zealand? Get your job here before you go!

Hi Kylie,

That's great news about the Expos.

I know when we were planning our move we kept an eye out for these in Scotland and didn't come across many it was always around the London area. It would be good to see some of these up our end of the country.

Apologies if we've just missed out on them and they already exist but I know we just felt that paying extra cash to get all the way down to London for this wasn't going to be feasable.

Just a thought...

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Hi Kylie, we went all the way down to London for the last one and like many of the other members of this forum who went, found it very disappointing. We'd walked around the small room it was in in half an hour, spent another half an hour queueing at immigration services to be told they couldn't help us.

I got really excited about the last one and it was a let-down. A few of us went to the one before and said they found it really useful, so maybe the October one will be better eh?

Fingers crossed [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

hehe harsh but true so 'ditto' from me.

Not that she'll be back to read this.

NickampJacky Guest

I landed my job with Fulton Hogan through the Expo at Manchester last October. But it was pure luck that they were there as I had to turn down an interview a week or so earlier.

So yes the Expo was good for me, but my nurse wife got such conflicting information about post-grad experience that her head was spinning.

Other than that the kids gorged themselves on lollies - and that was about it.

I would recommend that if its not to much of a travel to go to these things - because you might just get that ever so small tincey-wincey lead that can open the door to the promised land!

Cheers

Nick

moggy is offline God like figure

I have to say that the London one was very dissapointing, hardly any opportunitites for an IT person. The Manchester one was better.

Kylie is offline Junior Member

Hi everyone,

As event organisers it's been really good hearing the feedback on this forum.

The Opportunities New Zealand Expo is a very successful event for exhibitors and many visitors but it's good to hear otherwise and some of your feedback allows us to improve.

Clearly, any expo is not going to be able to fulfill the requirements of every visitor but we know of literally hundreds of people who are now living in New Zealand with a job as a result of attending this Expo.

The companies and regions that fly all the way to London only do so because they know that they can recruit skilled Brits. They come back year after year because they do recruit good people.

If you have the necessary qualifications and skills that are in demand in NZ there is a high chance that you will find somebody at the Expo who is willing to offer you employment, or at least point you in the right direction.

In specific response to some of your comments, we know that the NZ Expo is very popular and the hall does get crowded, so we are extending the Expo out to three days rather than two days this year.

Immigration New Zealand now has a much bigger stand with more people to answer your queries.

In terms of ICT we have at least four major ICT companies attending the expo this year and two major ICT recruiters all looking for ICT professionals.

If you pre-register for the event we will send you emails regularly on the most commonly asked questions at the Expo so many of your queries can be answered before you get there.

We'll also be posting a list of all the jobs that employers and consultants are looking to fill.

Click here to pre-register for the London Expo http://www.expo-newzealand.com/expo/...e-register.php
    and here for the Manchester Expo http://www.expo-newzealand.com/expo/...e-register.php

With regard to shipping companies, we have limits on the numbers of service providers exhibiting - so you won't come to our Expo and find rows and rows of shipping companies and migration consultants. This Expo is mainly about employment.

Finally, click on the following links to read some real-life stories from people who have made the move: http://www.expo-newzealand.com/expo/london/comments.php
    http://www.workingin-newzealand.com/categories/17

I hope this has helped, but please contact me if you would like to know more at kylie.barker@expo-smallworld.com

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you at the Opportunities New Zealand Expo!

Kylie Barker
    Event Organiser

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Fair play to you for posting back Kylie, thanks for your response. Sounds like it will be improved this year.

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

We're also moving to NZ on a 30 month WTR visa based on the strength of Eddie going to the Earls' Court Expo last year! He was lucky to have a one to one interview set up for him before he got there so it was a bit more specific and personal!
    It would be ideal if you could do this with a company you're interested in beforehand.
    Debra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast