Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's Journey

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Steve's Journey

Hi folks, just gonna post all my adventurings on this thread so it's all in one place. First of all, sorry for being so scarce, the friends we're staying with have no internet access and I've been waaayy busy to get over to my bros where I can use my lappy on his wireless network. I know there's been quite a few posts I could have helped alot on. :icon_sad:

Well just getting my ear chewed by Claire as it's 1am and we leve in 12 hours for airport. :icon_eek: Do you see the commitement eh?
    Been crazily rushed and only just booked travel insurance, but it's kept us from panicing about it all. Had surprise leaving bbq on sunday which was quite emotional and just finished saying bye to everyone. Not too many tears luckily, just the older members of family who may not ever make it to see us in NZ. House emptying went ok, apart from cat escaping, so it took us 3 days to get him back. Finally caught him in a cage trap and they're now safely at the cat rescue place waiting to be rehomed. They're really good and wanted them back when we rang them, as we got them from there in the first place.

Only nightmare is, new house owner isn't moving in yet and royal mail (bless them :icon_evil: ) screwed up our redirection order. Consequently we haven't got any post since the 19th when we completed, hope nothing was too important. Got account details of NZ account written down but it's a nightmare we don't have the official letter they sent out. Hope it'll be ok.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have time to post from airport tomorrow. We fly at 19.05 to Kuala Lumpar. Hopefully the kids will sleep or there's gonna be a LOT of peed of passengers 12 hours later on arrival :icon_eek: .

Speak soon peeps. Sorry if this bores you, at least you know which thread to ignore if it does.

Thanks for all your good wishes, take care for now.

Steve

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Steve's Journey

Aaww, I won't hog your thread Stevey - just wanted to say thanks for your commitment, posting just 12 hours before you're leaving (!) and wish you all the very best from me, Taffy and Rachael.

Glad you found your cat, good to hear you had a leaving barbie, and sorry to hear about the problems with your post (Royal Mail ::)

Enjoy your flight and hope to see you when you get here [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Steve's Journey

Good news that everything's on track. How does it feel to be homeless and possessionless now? Some people find it a relief to be free of all their worldly burdens for a while. Bummer about the Royal Mail. Seems they make a habit of screwing up, as I had problems when I left the UK, which took about 6 months to sort out. Got a rebate from them in the end. [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

Looking forward to hearing from you on 'the other side' as to what your first impressions are.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Steve's Journey

Good luck Stevey,

Hope the flights etc go nice and smoothly and you settle in quickly into NZ life.

Have lots of laughs and always smile!

TheWaters is offline Senior Member

Default Steve's Journey

Good luck and enjoy the all the new experiences!!! It's all anything but boring!
    :006:

DawnMarron is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Steve's Journey

Nice one Stevey, keep smiling matey even if you do feel like banging the kids heads together. Good, good, good luck!!!! [smiley=icon_mrgreen.gif]

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Steve's Journey

Hopefully, we have lift off by now. ?Catch you on the other side, Stevey. ?All the best.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Blog Entries

Default Steve's Journey

Stevey texted me about an hour ago to say they were taxiing up the runway so they should be high in the sky by now and on their way to their new life [smiley=icon_biggrin.gif]

We are hoping to see them on Sunday - wish me luck [smiley=icon_eek.gif] lol - what have we let ourselves in for?? ;)

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default Steve's Journey

Hope all's going well STeve and family - we fly off on Saturday, via LA arriving Auckland on Wednesday!! All becoming very real now - packers nearly done house, loads of bye bye drinks with friends and family (very very emotional!) - WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!

Maggie

Blog Entries

Default Steve's Journey

Oh the excitement - so many people on their way!

Wishing you and your family the very best Maggiemoo, you must be so excited (and very emotional!). Hope all your dreams come true :icon_biggrin:

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast