Thread: Allied Pickfords??

BruceampGill is offline Member

Default Allied Pickfords??

Just had Allied Pickfords in for quote from Aberdeen to Auckland. They said too much for 20 ft container and would need about a 1/3 again! ( 3 bed house no fridge freezer/ dishwasher) Cost would be around 6 thousand pounds...eeekk!! plus about another 1000 for insurance!

Has anyone used these guys or can recommend others to use bearing in mind my location is North of Scotland

Thanks

Bruce

moggy is offline God like figure

Allied pickfords quoted us ?4900 and said we might just get everything in a 20 foot container, but it would be a squeeze

Every other company has said we are well under out limit, one even went so far as to say we were 3 sofas worth under.

We have now booked PSS at ?3400.

So shop around (PS I still have a spare ?50 voucher for PSS if anyone needs it)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Bruce, have you thought of trying Letton Percival for marine insurance? They come well recommended and are usually cheaper than the shippers' own insurance.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

BruceampGill is offline Member

thanks guys

Looks like I need to get lots of quotes and then decide....

I will check out other Insurance options too

Bruce

Hi Bruce & Gill!

We are getting a few quotes (Pickfords are coming next week

Have had PPS up so far and they have quoted £3700 for 20ft container (4 bed house and 14ft trampoline!!) and the guy mentioned insurance at 2% of this figure.  Mind you, was not impressed by PPS chap, he made a pretty nasty comment to my pal (Maggiemoo) whilst she was in for coffee saying "do you understand what these people are saying"!!!  (We are Scottish and coming from Perth, we are hardly broad!!!)   Maggie was shocked and I have to say I was pretty shocked myself!!!!

Anyway, We are also arranging a quote from Masons and possible Whites (Motherbear has a list on another thread about shipping companies which is really helpful)

Carolynne

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

(Motherbear has a list on another thread about shipping companies which is really helpful)
    The list of shippers appears on the Master Website List (a sticky in this category) under Shippers, so should be easier to track down now.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

petsar68 is offline Junior Member

We had PSS who were very good.

hatter5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We had chosen PSS as well. 20ft container just under ?3.4K

MB Thanks for the link to Letton Percival as they offer 1.56% against 2.8% from PSS

NickampJacky Guest

We are using Baxters (they have a local depot to us (5 miles away)).They have quoted ?4000 for a 20ft inc all packing & delivery to Nelson.

Survey carried out by the local staff with good knowledge of international packing etc.

Cheers

Nick