Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removal quote

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default Removal quote

We have had a quote from PSS international to pack/remove/ship and unpack in Auckland.

Infact we had two quotes.....
    One for a shared container.....£2991
    and the other for a full container.....£3176.

I think that because there is only a difference of a couple of hundred quid that we will go for the full container as opposed to the shared!!!!!

Has anyone else had any dealings with PSS? They seem quite professional and competitive

NickampJacky Guest

Default Removal quote

Hi Skyblue

We had a quote of ?3,700 ish for a 20ft container packed shipped and unpacked from carlisle to Nelson. I suspect its higher than your due to the haulage to and from the ports. PSS said we were too far north to send an estimator to have a look, so could we fill in a self assessment form. Needless to say we are now looking at other firms.

Baxters, Anglo Pacific & a local one called Steeles. Baxters were very good and gave us good advice as to what was worth taking in terms of ? per cubic foot, for example a cheap set of wardrobes we have would have cost more to ship than what we paid for them.

We are having Anglo Pacific here in early Jan, so will let you know what we think of then.

Cheers

Nick

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Removal quote

the only dealings i've had with them so far was when they gave me a lovely orange and white pen at the 2004 expo in london..

but,.. I did fill in an online enquiry form last night for them to move us..

3 grand is about what I expected..

one question though..
    I know the nz authorities are pretty hot on everything in the boxes being listed..
    do PSS do that for you when they pack it up..?

I was searhcing the forum last night, I'm fairly sure somebody (motherbear?? or glenda?? ) posted a list of decent carriers..

can't find it though.. maybe a dream...

happy new year everybody..

skybluearmy is offline Senior Member

Default Removal quote

Thanks for that.

Nattydread, PSS say in there brochure that there estimate covers the following
    " Marking, numbering and listing of all packages for customs requirements"

So i am going to just sit back and watch them do everything ::):

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Removal quote

Quote Originally Posted by nattydread
    I was searhcing the forum last night, I'm fairly sure somebody (motherbear?? or glenda?? ) posted a list of decent carriers..

can't find it though.. maybe a dream...
    I'm positive I did but, like you, I can't track the post down. I remember it was a pain to put together as I had to check all the links because some weren't working any more. I'm still working on it though. Perhaps it was lost in the vartious forum revamps :angry: .

Blog Entries

Default Removal quote

I gave up searching in the end and went back to researching companies. These are the ones I came up with, but are not all that are in operation. Due to lack of time (computer went beserk at one point :icon_eek:) , I haven't checked out whether all the links are still working, but I'm sure a fair percentage are, although whether they operate in your area, I wouldn't like to say. Perhaps others can fill in the missing links. Now I think I should get Taffy out of his bed to sort out what's happened to my previous post.

www.allfreight.co.uk/
    www.anglopacific.co.uk/index.htm
    www.arrowpak.co.uk/
    www.askmonarch.com/
    www.bargateinternational.com
    www.barnikels.com/
    www.bishopsmove.com/
    www.britannia-movers.co.uk/:
    www.crownrelo.com
    www.curtissremovals.co.uk
    www.dolphinmovers.com
    www.doreebonner.co.uk/
    www.excess-baggage.com/
    www.fnworldwide.com/
    www.fox-moving.com/main.htm
    www.gbsfreight.co.uk/
    www.incare.co.uk/
    www.international-movers.com/
    www.johnmason.com/
    www.kellysinternational.co.uk/
    www.martells.co.uk
    www.oceaninternational.com/
    www.petersandmay.com/
    www.pss.uk.com/
    www.removals/storage.info
    www.robinsons-intl.com
    www.shipit.co.uk/
    www.tradeline.uk.com
    www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/
    www.transworld.co.nz/
    www.voovit.com/
    www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/international.htm
    www.worldwideremovals.co.uk/
    www.1stcontact.co.uk.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

ag28com is offline Member

Default Removal quote

We are using PSS tp ship to Auckland. We are not taking any furniture or hosehold electricals, as what we have is quite old. We are therefore packing everything ourselves, and labelling everything up, including listing all of the packages.

They seem a very good and reputable company,, They have been very helpful with all of our questions, and have always responded quickly.

There's obviously a lot of worries and concersn in shipping some of your most treasured possessions abroad with someone you don't know, but we are assured and confident that they will take good care of everything.

We will post an update in a few weeks once we have all of our stuff in Auckland...............

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default Removal quote

nice one MB thanks a million for that..

as i'm working over the new year, i will trawl through that lot and see what i can get quote wise..

thanks again..

I guess i'll get the same response from PSS Nick, being as I'm a few miles further north than you..

Blog Entries

Default Removal quote

[quote:92dfccc139="skybluearmy"]Nattydread, PSS say in there brochure that there estimate covers the following
    " Marking, numbering and [b:92dfccc139]listing of all packages[/b:92dfccc139] for customs requirements"[/quote:92dfccc139]

I think this means they draw up a list of box numbers and a rough idea of what's in them for customs and for their own information, so they can keep a check on the boxes. The full list of what's in each box is usually done by the person filling that box, as they would be the ones that put the stuff in. So, if you fill any box yourself, you would have to draw up the list of contents, at least that's what happened with us.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Ady
    Ady is offline Member

Default Removal quote

Hi

Bargate are THE cheapest - and generally by a long way. Also, transit time is only about 4-5 weeks too. 450 quid for 22 tea chest boxes, collected 22/8, delivered 2/10.

When you do the inventory, be very very thorough, if you're not, MAF may just give you a pen and paper and tell you to remember everything, and then insist on a inspection. This happened with friend a few weeks ago who had a less than serious attitude to the whole thing a got caught out!

Oh, and don;t take out the shippers insurance if its 5% of declared value - thats a rip off! Check out for personal marine cover on the net and you should cut it in half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast