Thread: Martinborough

Jakespa is offline Junior Member

Talking Martinborough

Hi Everyone, I have just got a job in Martinborough and am looking for info about the area. Masterton, Greytown, Carterton, Etc.
    We have two teenagers and should arrive Wellington on the 1st of Jan 09

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on getting the job. A big step in the right direction.

We have a few people down in Wellie so I hope someone will be able to give some help with your location query.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

You lucky thing - I would love to live in the Wairarapa but works not there for me - I am so jealous.

Pretty much all the little towns in the Wairarapa have a little centre where you can get all your provisions. Unfortunately I dont know anyone who lives there full time, a few of my friends have holiday baches/cottages in the area and I have visited a number of times and just love it.

The great thing about the area's is you can commute to Wellington Central in an hour or so and there are trains taking you up that way as well.

Again I am soooo jealous of you - congratulations on the job offer

Quote Originally Posted by LilAmy View Post
    You lucky thing - I would love to live in the Wairarapa but works not there for me - I am so jealous.

Pretty much all the little towns in the Wairarapa have a little centre where you can get all your provisions. Unfortunately I dont know anyone who lives there full time, a few of my friends have holiday baches/cottages in the area and I have visited a number of times and just love it.

The great thing about the area's is you can commute to Wellington Central in an hour or so and there are trains taking you up that way as well.

Again I am soooo jealous of you - congratulations on the job offer
    Thanks LilAmy, we cant wait to get there. Flights, dogs booked and arriving on the 1st of Jan.
    The school have been so supportive from word go. As have the High schools in the area in regard to taking our 17 yr old son. Just want to be there now.

countryfolk is offline Junior Member

Default sounds fantastic

What a way to start the new year. sounds great. Had you already planned to live around this area or was it solely down to the job offer?

Reason I'm enquiring, is we are visiting the Wellie area in early February for the first time as we are hoping to move that way eventually.

Good luck to you all

Quote Originally Posted by countryfolk View Post
    What a way to start the new year. sounds great. Had you already planned to live around this area or was it solely down to the job offer?

Reason I'm enquiring, is we are visiting the Wellie area in early February for the first time as we are hoping to move that way eventually.

Good luck to you all
    Thank you.

We wanted to live in Hawkes Bay, Hamilton or Wellington. Kathy knew that it was always going to be hard to get a teaching job in Napier/Hastings and we though we were going to go to Hamilton. This offer came out of the blue and Kathy jumped at it. She doesnt like wine would you believe !