Thread: Helping you decide

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Helping you decide

New service aims to verify house prices
    5:00AM Sunday June 22, 2008
    By Andrea Milner

Homeowners who are struggling to sell their properties in this saturated market have a new tool to attract the diminished buyer pool.

Stephen Hart, author of home-buying guide Where to Live in Auckland, has launched the Value Verified Service, which independently confirms that a seller's asking price falls within an estimated range of market value for a property.

The service uses an automated valuation model developed with Terranet, using comparative sales and other statistical measures to give a value range.

If the stated price is within the range, the home can use the Value Verified logo and certificate on its advertising.

Lawrence von Sturmer, of Professionals real estate in Pt Chevalier, says: "There are so many houses on the market at the moment, when buyers see Value Verified, they'll know the price is realistic and it's worth coming to look at."

In this slump market, the "bizarre practice" of listing homes for sale with no price helps neither buyer nor seller, Hart says.

More here.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

I just sold my house in Kapiti 2 weeks ago. It was a long haul. I sold just below QV (Valuation) which is eare in the area, Happy to be out of the market for now. I had owned the house for 11 years, excellent condition and seaviews.

Buyers are rare right now. People are renting their property rather than cut into their equity.

Cliff
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."