Thread: anyone live in Motueka or ruby bay area?

stanley is offline Member

Default anyone live in Motueka or ruby bay area?

We fell in love with this area and wondered if any one on forum lived there, if so how easy is it to settle, and how have you found liveing there.

Thanks.
    Paula.

lanz is offline Junior Member

Hi Paula,
    I dont live in Motueka, in fact i live in england at mo lol but my parents live in nelson and my Dad covers accross from Blenheim to Motueka for St John's and know's that area well.
    It is a very pretty area to live and my parents moved there 12 years ago from Dunedin nz and have not looked back ! however what i will say is Motueka is all about peaceful living, not fast flash living and age groups from 20 - 35 are of the few.
    If you like the out doors and wine you will find the area friendly, and low crime rate, but like all areas you have different social classes and the old part of Mot is abit rough.
    cost wise, i was in nelson to see my parents in may this year, things appeared cheap and not to costly, free parking ! lol but cost of living is all relative, the avg salary is lower to other places in the north island etc and there is a lot of seasonal work and holiday makers so it can be two different places from summer to winter. But is still pretty friendly place all year round.
    i say go for it Tasman area is said to have the highest levels of sun in nz so for that alone i would go ;)
    good luck Lanz

Default Thanks

Thanks for that , sounds just our cup of tea, we like a peacful life. Which end of Mot would you class as the older part, trying to remember. We absolutley loved it there.

Paula.

lanz is offline Junior Member

hi ya, sorry for the delay in reply

Talleys, Goodmans Inglis & the likes down by the old Port & by the Sea $1mill + Anything on that side of the main street that is that is all streets to the water are Jo average Motueka. Main street to the Airport direction less then Jo average.

But i say whats best is find a place to rent to start with, (maybe in the area or near to, where you stayed when last there) then while you are living and working in the area you can get an idea where you would like to live, and buy.

Hope this is of some help
    Alana

Thanks for that Alana.
    We are stuck for the moment with a house to sell, we dont have the option of renting it out as we would be going on a business visa so would have to sell to buy property over there to start business from. We have seen a lovely house that we love that would be ideally situated, just of main street, the street is called Thorpe Avenue. It seems like a lovely street, just of main drag but still on an an acre plot, with house situated right in middle with fruit trees all around and a couple of outbuildings that we could run business from.

Any info on Thorpe Ave anyone?

Thanks again Paula.