Thread: Letting agents- Porirua area

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Default Letting agents- Porirua area

Hey.

Does anyone have any websites for letting agents in Porirua area. I have been looking on the likes of opentoveiw and allrealestate but is very little coming up in lines of rental accomodation. Just want to get an idea of what we will be looking at once we land and secure job offer.

Beth
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

I found a couple of promising-sounding sites, but when I went into them there were only one or two rentals on there for Porirua area. Now my Net connection is on go-slow, very slow, so it's making it hard to do any more research at the moment.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Bunstar is offline Member

Have you looked on Trademe? Have just done a quick search and there are 36 rental properties listed for Porirua - think they are a mixture of letting agency/private rentals but you should be able to get some letting agency names from there if nothing catches your eye!

Clare

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Villa Property Management is based in Porirua but only one of their properties is listed as actually being in Porirua. The others may well be quite nearby but, not being familiar with the area, I wouldn't know.

Here's a map of the area and underneath it gives a list of local estate agents.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

sparrows is offline Member

Default Agents

Hi Beth
    I am not sure about the area you are selecting I was would be looking at why they are lower priced than other surrounding areas of Wellington
    It may be the commuting or the lack of others factors I belive one may be secondary schools which does not apply to you at moment
    I have been adviced that Whitby Bay is very nice which I think may be the area you are looking, but there is no secondary school.
    Also Titahi Bay comes recommended
    Personally we are having a nightmare trying to get rented from UK

Debs

Blog Entries

Hi

We won't be securing a rental form the UK- we will do that once we are there just wanted to get an idea of what is available at the moment.

I do beleive there are some areas of Porirua to be avoided and although some people have tried to put us of there is still somthing drawing us there- guess we won't really now until we get there in a few weeks time though- we might not like it. As for schooling- going to be quite a while before we need Secondary school- the eldest isn't even 5 yet.

It's all weighing up what we want to- we don't have a massive budget for housing so we have to decide to go to a better area with dearer housing and have less disposable income or go to a lesser area and have more disposable income.

sparrows is offline Member

Default Area

We are just having the same do we go for less to pay on housing and commute each day or more on houses nearer to Wellington with less commute
    I have to agree I think it is best to go and look at what is available, just my OH gets the impression we will find no where and be in hotel for many weeks
    So much easier when you dont have to think about secondary schools, as this is one of our draw backs and daughter is coming kicking and screaming
    We have decided to move to NZ to give our younger two better life( 5 months before daughters boyfriend appeared she was happy to go)
    I am having good days and bad days more so that OH is going in two weeks without us while I sell house in UK
    Good luck and will be watching for updates and if you can give us any tips on rentals would be grateful

Debs

Blog Entries

We have secured a holiday rental for 8weeks for when we arrive- hopefully this will give us time for OH to gte job offer and for us to find a more permanent rental property. This is the website I got it through Baches & Holiday Homes To Rent: NZ|Australia|Sth Pacific Holiday Homes

Should be cheaper than a hotel and of course no need to worry about bills etc with a holiday rental- it is all usually included.

Nicky was having the same problem with her son and girlfriend- i'm sure she will give you some tips when she pops in as her son has no come around to the idea of moving.

How old are your younger children?Ours are 4 and 2 so they have no choice but to come and don't really understand the whole concept of moving half way around the world.

Hope it doesn't take to long for your house to sell.

nickydwuk is offline God like figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sparrows View Post
    So much easier when you dont have to think about secondary schools, as this is one of our draw backs and daughter is coming kicking and screaming
    We have decided to move to NZ to give our younger two better life( 5 months before daughters boyfriend appeared she was happy to go)
    I am having good days and bad days more so that OH is going in two weeks without us while I sell house in UK

Debs
    Hi Debs, as Beth said, I had a simialr problem with my 16 yr old son. When we first mentioned NZ he was all for it - then he found love At first it still wasn't a problem then more recently he announced he didn't want to go as he would be leaving his girlfriend (by this time they had been together nearly 9 months). We all sat down and had a really good and frank talk. One of the main sticking points was that he would miss her 16th birthday. So we negotiated to fly out after her birthday. This was a compromise that they were ok with. So we fly out in September, she will come out next summer (UK) for a long holiday. They are just looking on it now as if he were going away to Uni. They can still call, MSN or webcam each other as often as they want. he is now really enthusiastic about the move - probably the fact that he can learn to drive earlier helps They all come round in the end. (Can't find a fingers crossed smilie!!)
    Nursing Registration sent 5th August 2007
    Job Offer 25th September 2007
    Nursing Registration received 28th December 2007
    Submitted EOI 3rd January 2008 with 150 points
    Selected 17th January 2008
    ITA Received 31st January 2008
    ITA submitted 25th April 2008
    Approved in Principle 3rd May 2008
    Blue Stickers arrived 13th May 2008
    Flights booked for 19th Sept to Christchurch

Brightside is offline Junior Member

Fabulous thread, thanks for all the info ladies - especially that link re the holiday houses.
    We are going to this area in June and I've also been taking strain wondering where to live and which school to send my (then) 13 year old daughter to!

Love
    Alex