Thread: Karori, it is a great place.

muffin mum is offline Member

Default Karori, it is a great place.

Just thought I would share, we were moving to Johnsonville but due to a bad agent experience (don't want to name names but she was a she and will let anyone know in PM's) we are now looking at Karori. It is a suburb of Wellington city and isn't the best for getting into the city but it is very self contained, cute and has 2 nice primary level schools. The houses are actually cheaper then Johnsonville.
    If you want to ask me anything, ask away.
    Emma
    Moving to Khandallah at the end of May and becoming a property tycoon. We are renting our current house out!
    Facebook ID-
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=767104133
    Been in NZ since October 2001 and have a Kiwi daughter 4 and a HALF.

molly is offline Member

Hi Emma

You know that Karori is very often in clouds/fog and that many houses have problems with humidity (ie mould)?

However, if the weather is nice, than the views from the hills are stunning!

Yes, we are looking at well looked after, insulated or new houses with heat pumps.
    We made the cold house mistakes on arriving 6 years ago with our original batch!
    Lots of houses face north with lots of sun.
    Emma
    Moving to Khandallah at the end of May and becoming a property tycoon. We are renting our current house out!
    Facebook ID-

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Karori also seems to have recently acquired some additional inhabitants .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Now that's customer service!!

There is a fab shoe shop in Karori Mall - see thread highlighted above. Karori looked like a nice little community, had a nice coffee shop on the main street, and it certainly felt to me like a more cosy place than Johnsonville (where a few of our friends lived, but I didn't really like it - sorry to anyone who lives there xx)

Good luck with your house hunting - have you considered moving to tauranga instead?? There's a lovely house there for sale Open2view - Property ID# 173890

Maggie xx

Maggiemoo- he has a shop up here too and gets me shoes in for Evie. I would pay for his shoes over anything else. We walk lots and he checks her feet if he is in there. He gave her a good telling off for her toy shoes she was wearing but in a nice way. We are not moving to Tauranga but if you want to move to Raumati
    Open2view - Property ID# 173941
    I saw a Weta like that in my first couple of months here, It was huge and wandering around the daycare centre I worked at. We see lots of smaller ones they are great. I also love the praying mantis, our house is covered in their eggs but I haven't seen many yet.
    Emma
    Facebook ID-