Thread: Commuting times from the suburbs of Wellington.

spid is offline Junior Member

Default Commuting times from the suburbs of Wellington.

HI there

I was wondering what the different communting times (via anything available - car, train, bus) from the different suburbs was into Central Welly (where hubby should be working and possibly the kids for schooling if we can wheddle a good rate out of the private schools or persuade the good schools to take us from out of area!). ANy one got a clue?

muffin mum is offline Member

It depends on which suburb and where in the city. Some work places are near the station (government etc.) others are off Courtney Place. Driving also depends on whether you would have to go up the gorge or through Thorndon. Do you have a suburb in mind?
    Private schools are not as popular here as in the UK. The state schools vary on which area you live in. We are moving to J'ville, our daughter will go to Johnsonville West, Raroa Intermediate (years 7/8) and then depending on which we choose, Wellington Girls or Onslow Collollege. We have based our move around schools and the ERO reports on line. Ask me anything and I can find out for you or answer the best I can, how old are your kids?
    Emma
    Moving to Khandallah at the end of May and becoming a property tycoon. We are renting our current house out!
    Facebook ID-
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=767104133
    Been in NZ since October 2001 and have a Kiwi daughter 4 and a HALF.

spid is offline Junior Member

Johnsonville isn't in the zone for Wellinton Girls though, is it?

muffin mum is offline Member

No, it isn't but it is close. In this place, anything can happen. We aren't very good at staying in one house and Evie hasn't started school yet. We would move into an area for a school if we needed to.
    Emma
    Moving to Khandallah at the end of May and becoming a property tycoon. We are renting our current house out!
    Facebook ID-
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=767104133
    Been in NZ since October 2001 and have a Kiwi daughter 4 and a HALF.