Thread: Afluent areas of Wellington

DeepBlue7 is offline Junior Member

Default Afluent areas of Wellington

Hi everyone,
    I've recently emmigrated with my family to Wellington and at the moment we're staying with family in Strathmore.
    As we are soon looking to buy, I was just wanting to know where the "most affluent" ie: safest, best kept, best quality, areas of the city are and where you would recommend.
    Also, our budget is 600 - 800 thousand dollars, which area would best suit this price range?

Thanks!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

You should be able to look up the demographics of the area you may want to settle in on here . There should be a drop down menu listing places but I can no longer see it at my end, possibly because I've recently changed Internet provider and I'm getting red crosses instead of some images.

I would think your best bet would be to approach the real estate agents who, I'm sure, would be only to pleased to give you the type of information you're looking for as they continually have their fingers on the property/location pulse.

And to the forum, too.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

muffin mum is offline Member

It depends on what you actually see as an affluent area. We have lived in Kapiti for 6 years and are about to make a move to Johnsonville. The house prices between Kapiti and Wellington are very different. In Kapiti you can still get a beach side house in your price bracket but not in Wellington.

lola08 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeepBlue7 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I've recently emmigrated with my family to Wellington and at the moment we're staying with family in Strathmore.
    As we are soon looking to buy, I was just wanting to know where the "most affluent" ie: safest, best kept, best quality, areas of the city are and where you would recommend.
    Also, our budget is 600 - 800 thousand dollars, which area would best suit this price range?

Thanks!
    Depend on the school.
    Scots College--Seatoun
    Wellington College--city-end Karori ,Wadestown or Thordon