Thread: Wellington - Staglands

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Wellington - Staglands

Hi,

Cant remember what we decided on where to put things to do in area's so I thought I'd do a new thread.

Stu and I visited Staglands yesterday, about an hours drive on SH2 out of Wellington. It was awesome.

We loved it, wished we had had kids to take along.

For $14 we saw beautiful countryside, lots of animals like pigs, donkeys, fallow deer, falcons, kea's etc and some old deserted barracks. It was a really good day out.

Kids would be in heaven. I'm a softie for animals and I was in heaven, got to go into barns and play with all the smaller animals and newbie borns as well.

You can take your picnic gear or even food for a BBQ and sit outside and watch peacocks and other wildlife ponder around you. It was just bliss. Plus you get a good walk out of it as well so you're keeping fit at the same time.

If anyone is visiting Wellie and is unsure what to do to keep kids of all ages occupied visit here. Take your camera and buy a few bags of animal and trout food and your sorted!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wellington - Staglands

Sounds great, Amy. ?Interesting, relaxing AND healthy as well. ?What more could you want? ? 8-)

Perhaps Taffy will look into providing us with a special area to post about places to visit and things to see when (and if) he sorts us out with a new forum. ;)
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Hi Amy,

Sounds like kiddies heaven for sure but nice that you can appreciate it just as much. We've yet to catch up on some days out. Goat Island was nice north of Auckland, we went there on my birthday last November, not so many goats but plenty marine life, ha. It's a great place for divers.
    It's nice that we don't have to travel far for a lovely day out.

LilAmy is offline God like figure

I've never heard of Goat Island, will have to put that on my to do list. Stu's trying to get into diving so I'm sure he'd love it once we can get out on his own.

It is a lot quieter on the forum these days. I suppose cos so many people have made the move and are now setting up home here it's hard to get online at times.

I do miss all the banter that used to go on and all the new posts that used to appear on a daily basis.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It is a lot quieter on the forum these days. ?I suppose cos so many people have made the move and are now setting up home here it's hard to get online at times.

I do miss all the banter that used to go on and all the new posts that used to appear on a daily basis.
    Oh and there was me thinking it was a lot busier than it has been. ?I got up this morning to find 27 new posts had come in overnight. ?

I didn't post much while I was in NZ and was encouraged to see the forum was doing very well without my input. Guess some of that had to do with the hot debate regarding the cost of living in NZ ? :D.

Would be nice though if some of the old regulars popped in for some witty comments, thoughts and advice on NZ life. Must be busy living the life instead of posting on here about it. ? ? ;D? ?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.