Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The concrete slab is down!!

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default The concrete slab is down!!

Following on from posts on Glenda's thread about her section purchase and build, I thought I would post a photo of the section we have bought here in Tauranga and put the first pictures up of something actually happening on the site, so here goes - never uploaded a pic before so bear with me if it all goes a bit Pete Tong!!......

[img]www.keggie.com/photos/albums/to20061008/Our_house_08OCT06.jpg[/img]
    [img]www.keggie.com/photos/albums/to20061008/Concrete_slab_with_holes_for_the_shower_trays_08OC T06.jpg[/img]

Phew, think I managed it (who am I trying to kid, hubby had to do it for me!! :))

Maggie

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The concrete slab is down!!

Great effort, Maggie (some credit to hubbie as well ;D ).

Lovely pics and what a nice spot. Another beautiful section. Would I be right in thinking that you're on a development and, therefore, will have other houses all around you? The site looks very open at the moment and you can see for miles and miles.

Now the slab is down you'll have some feel for how big the house will feel. Must be wonderful to see it slowly come together.

Look forward to more updates (and piccies, of course).
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

hi MB, glad you liked the pics. We are indeed on a development, there's a house already up on one side - on the right side, separated by the tarmaced right of way which leads down to 4 (?) plots below ours, the land slopes away from the end of our section so we should retain our views of the hills providing the buyers don't put up 2 storey mansions!! ?To our left there will also be a house, which should be starting within the next couple of weeks so hopefully we won't be disrupted too much by their build once we are actually in the house. ?We have met the family building that one and they seem lovely, which is good news considering quite how close their house will be to ours!! ?In the bottom photo, their house will be going in between ours and the fence that you can see!!!!! ?Yep, they'll be jammed in there quite nicely!! ?;) but we knew it was going to be like that, and the house is just what we want, so we are compromising on the land - as long as we've got room for the sandpit and climbing frame that FingersCrossed's husband is going to build us ( :P) we'll be fine!!

Maggie xx

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Great pics Maggie, nice sunny spot too! ?I imagine you just can't wait to see the walls go up! ? :)

Are you on town water and sewerage? ?I have to have two rainwater tanks with a pump for our water supply, and a septic tank. ?These items together cost around $20,000 and that does not include the groundworks to install them. ?

I noticed all the soil piled up ... I was a bit unsure about whether to keep the soil on site or have it removed. ?Decided to keep it on site to get it more level and also to have raised borders. ?Looking around at other houses, this is what they seem to have - excess soil carefully positioned around the boundary, or alongside the drive, maybe with one or two "hillocks" around the garden, on which they put bark or post shavings and various plants. ?

What is it with kids and sandpits? ?We have one here the kids love but watched a cat squat in it yesterday ... unlike me, you've probably thought of it already - that is getting a cover made for the sandpit! ? ::)

:)

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Lou
    Lou is offline Junior Member

Hi Maggie, The section looks beautiful!

More of a lurker than a poster on here but had to comment on what will be your beautiful home. :)

If we manage to get up your way in Nov we can have a proper look as it'll be nearly finished by then :) At least the weather is fairly good up there too so the kids should be able to play in the sandpit - unlike windy and cold Wellington >:( Poor Matthew has hardly had his sand/water tray out since his birthday in August as good days are few and far between here!

Will keep watching with interest for your progress report.

Louise et al. ;)

Lou

Lovely to hear from you - and it would be so good to see you and Jo and the little uns again. ?Weather up here definitely much better than what we had in Wellington back in June - though its been a bit windy today.....so have you thought any more about moving out of Wellington (here maybe????? ?:))

Will call you soon to catch up, promise ?:)

Maggie and the Moos

Lou
    Lou is offline Junior Member

Hi Maggie, we will definitely be moving out of Wellington. Jo is in the process of trying to find a job - he's been offered one in Dunedin but have a feeling we could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire (or out of the cold and into the ice to be more precise). Anyway, thought we'd see if there is anything going in Christchurch as we both love the South Island - we'll see......

Will try and give you a ring soon.

Lou :)

Hi Glenda - we are on town water and sewerage, plus there is also gas in the sub-division so we are having a gas hot water system fitted as well as bayonets in case we decide to put in feature fire place in the lounge. ?

Not got the pictures uploaded (or should that be downloaded?? told you I was a technophobe, don't even know the jargon!! ? ;D) from the camera yet, but in the last week all the wood for the frame has been delivered and is now piled up on the concrete slab. ?The frame will be erected this week, and the property should be ready to roof next week - gee they move fast here when they need to!! ?The sub-contractors were up on the site this weekend when we went up to take pics. ?All very lovely, but it also means we have to make first of the 3 stage payments this Friday (paid deposit when we bought the land back in July) scary!!

Will try and get the pics up on the thread tonight, you lucky lucky people ?;)

Maggie x

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

......... gee they move fast here when they need to!! ? ?
    They certainly do. I can just imagine how you'll feel when that timber framework goes up. You'll get a much clearer picture of where everything is and how the house feels for size.

Thanks for letting us share in your excitement. Same goes for Glenda as well.

Bring on the pics! ;D
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Sorry still no pics (hubby away working in Rotorua, and I didn't take enough notice of how he put the pics up last time to be able to do it myself!!) - but just wanted to let you know that the frame's up :o!!!! Can really start to see what its going to be like - stood in our bedroom (well the shell of it!!) today and we are going to have a lovely view out towards Mount Maunganui in the background. Will try and get hubby to sort out the photos.....if you're not all bored already!! ;D

Maggie

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast