Thread: furnished rentals in Wellington

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default furnished rentals in Wellington

Anyone got any tips/suggestions for tracking down furnished rentals in Wellington area (Not just city centre, but also in areas like johnsonville, churton park, tawa, porirua city suburbs) - I've looked at loads of agents websites and on trademe and have not managed to find any that are furnished other than some with whiteware. We're looking for min 4 bedroom property with safe garden for tiny kids.

Maggie x

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Have you tried looking at the property sections on the online newspapers for Wellie area?

I think it's a fact that a lot of NZ rental properties come unfurnished, so you may have a job finding one. You never know though, you might get lucky.

This is a link to a list of NZ newspapers , but you may need to download a cookie before you can read them. Click on a paper and it'll take you to a page that explains what to do.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hey Maggie!

Have you considered www.bookabach.co.nz ? It has holiday homes fully furnished, maybe a bit more expensive than an unfurnished rental but since you guys are going in winter, you may be able to negotiate a discount for a long stay until your container arrives?

How the hell are ya anyway? Things are manic with us, trying to pack up the house, fighting with the kids about which toys to throw, which to keep ](*,) but heyho, it's all for the great good!!

Take care and speak soon
    Carolynne xx

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Helloooo Mrs Fingerscrossed!! We're all fab thank you very much, very excited about next weekend, but also having to say our goodbyes to friends and family which is really really hard - we had a big party on Saturday down here in Salisbury and friends/family came from all round the country - god did I blub!! :'(

Then we had a spanner put slightly in the works by our lovely next door neighbour - she has a massive house which she doesn't really need anymore (!!!) and has given us first refusal on it at a very very very good price - we thought seriously about buying it as an investment property/contingency plan should NZ not be all we want it to be, but have decided that we have to go with our original plan otherwise we will not be able to take advantage of the strong pound in the NZ property market and we will again just be working to pay a mortgage (at higher rates than here!!)

THEN to top it all today, we had our medicals.......which were absolutely fine (lots of breathing in during the waist measurement test!!)...but while I was, how shall I put this delicately, using the surgery's facilities (?!) I managed to drop my phone down the toilet!!!! Don't ask!! [smiley=icon_eek.gif] So now I don't have your tel numbers or address - please please please can you PM them?? Muchly thankyou!!

So yep we are all fine, but in some ways I would like to fast forward the next week and a bit through all the packing up of the house, the re-homing of the cats tomorrow (The hardest decision in all of this), the flight, and the getting through immigration with all our paperwork in our luggage whilst saying that we are only there for a holiday!! - in 2 weeks time we will be in AUckland - wowwee!

Talk soon,

Love to all

Maggie xx