Thread: Parnell

katiej35 is offline Member

Default Parnell

Hi, I have been looking around for prices of places to buy, I will be working in the CBD and I think I quite like the look of Parnell.

Does anyone have any info on Parnell at all, like is it safe for a single girly, how far to travel to CBD, shops/bars etc. in the area.

thanks

Katie

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Parnell

There is a link about Parnell here and another one here if you want to read up about it.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Default Parnell

thanks Mother Bear for all your help today, starting to feel more excited than nervous now :0)

Ady
    Ady is offline Member

Default Parnell

Parnell is perfectly fine for a single girl. Safe and a good area. Consider Ponsonby as well.

Loads of bars, loads of shopping, easy into the CBD on the train, or Link, or about $10 in taxi.

One thing though, don't buy in the city centre at the mo. The prices will soften, and there are some good rental deals to be had - especially if you don't need much space.

Just post back if you need any info about living in the CBD! Thats where I am.

Default CBD

Hi Ady, thanks for the info

I am hoping to be working in CBD as I am currently working for Microsoft. I am planning on starting out at the YWCA, then looking for a houseshare to start with.

Do you know anything about rent to buy or is this a kiwi urban legend ?

Do you live and work in CBD?

Ady
    Ady is offline Member

Default Parnell

Yep and love it!

I live about 5 minutes walk from the Viaduct, and 5 minutes walk from the Sky Tower, in a lovely quiet town house near the law school.

As far as I know Rent To Buy goes on in less populated areas to stimulate demand. Not come across it at all.

Are you going to be in the Microsoft building on Fanshawe? 10 minutes walk from Ponsonby Road if you are - you'd love it there!

Default Parnell

Hi Ady, I am hoping to be there with Microsoft. At present I am a contractor working hard to go permanent whilst waiting for my application to go through.

either way going to approach them if I get ok to go to NZ.