Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangiora

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

Default Rangiora

Does anyone know anything else about this area north of Christchurch. Population, ammenities, things to do etc. Seems like an ideal town for an easy commute into Christchurch. Worringly tho, house prices seem cheaper than other surrounding areas so I'm not sure about it.

Thanks

Steve

jocalla is offline Junior Member

Default Rangiora

It is really nice out that way. When we first arrived here we spent alot of time in Kaipoi and Rangiora scouting about. Both places are well equipped facility wise. I esp liked Kaipoi, looked a lovely place to raise kids. But they both had a nice feel to them.
    Strangly enough when we first went there I didn't like it, but after many visits and days out it grew on me. We have had many picnics by the river, dreaming about having a boat :icon_rolleyes:
    Also close to the beach which is great for days out with the kids. We went to woodend beach and took our body boards.......I think my husband had a better time than the kids :icon_wink: He was amazed as to how he got to 38 and never rode a wave up until now.....really chuffed with himself :icon_biggrin:
    I think though with Rangi that you pay a toll for the phonecalls, not too sure, maybe someone will confirm this. ::):

After speeking to alot of locals and having good drives and walks around at different times of the day, I can't say we saw anything negative.

Joanne

Default Rangiora

Aww someone replied I thought no-one cared :icon_cry:
    Wow thats quite an endorsement, so I assume you chose not to settle there tho, did you just prefer city life or is there some deep rooted reason you chose not to live there.
    Houses seem so much cheaper there, and considering it's proximity to the beach it seems perfect.

moggy is offline God like figure

Default Rangiora

We like the idea of Rangiora as well, however ultimately it will depend on where I get a job as there will be no point buying a place there if I am working on the south side of Chch

Default Rangiora

Surely there'sa by-pass or something enabling you to whip round to the other side fairly easily. I know C'Church is big but not too big to shoot round in 10-15 mins. Guess we won't properly know til we actually see what the roads/journey times are like over there. I love driving so I don't mind a bit of a commute.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Rangiora

Hey Steve that sound just like our plan. Ian loves driving too, good job since we are driving fron top to bottom in September!!

we liked the idea of somewhere around ChCh too. We might be able to have a debate after all. :icon_wink:

moggy is offline God like figure

Default Rangiora

http://ccc.govt.nz/maps/Wises/

There is a bypass, and there is even a "motorway" from chch to rangiora, though don't get excited, blink and you will miss it, even if you see it you might not even realise that it was a "motorway".

There are many areas that we like the look of - Little River out on the peninsular looks lovely, was also wondering about places near lake Elesmere as well.

Time taken to get to work will be a factor in the decision on where to buy, but not the only one.

Little River would nice in one way, because we have friends who live just outside Akaroa.

Tbh I would be happier if I managed to get a job outside of Chch, somewhere in the sticks (unlikely though I guess)

jocalla is offline Junior Member

Default Rangiora

[quote:48fcc9aaac="SteveyC"]Aww someone replied I thought no-one cared :icon_cry:
    Wow thats quite an endorsement, so I assume you chose not to settle there tho, did you just prefer city life or is there some deep rooted reason you chose not to live there.
    Houses seem so much cheaper there, and considering it's proximity to the beach it seems perfect.[/quote:48fcc9aaac]

We haven't settled there for a couple of reasons. For one I wanted to live more in a 'village'. I am a bit of a country bumpkin and even though Rangiora certainly isn't as busy as a city, it just wasn't what I was looking for, I think it comes down to your own 'wants', also because we wanted to be very close to my husbands job, we have bought a block of land out Leeston way, so only 15 minutes drive from husbands work. We are renting in Rolleston at the moment until our house is built.

To drive into the city from Rangiora is a very easy drive. Alot of people work in the city and live there.Part of the drive gets quite busy during rush hour, but it is nothing like traffic jams we are used to. I am a 'very' nervous driver and even I can do the drive :icon_wink:

Joanne

Default Rangiora

Thanks Jocalla, do you know I posted this on another (shite) forum and some dozy mare replied saying why don't you wait til you come over and have a look then?? I was like...so the purpose of these forums therefore would be??? I mean if we all did that, there would be no need for the forums would there. Irked me anyway :icon_question:

Sara sounds like we have a lot of similar ideas thats like the 5th thing we've agreed about, gutting thing is you'll be there first won't you? You've sold haven't you? We're still waiting for offer :icon_frown:

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Rangiora

Yep and we complete on Monday!!!! Yipee. Move into mums and book the flights next week.

I'm a little scared too, is this normal? :icon_confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast