Thread: Eng Maint fitter looking

papafauney is offline Junior Member

Default Eng Maint fitter looking

Have PR moving, over in October 05. (skilled migrant cat ) area's interested in are Whangarei, Napier and Tauranga. Can't seem to find many work positions on net in these areas for my trade. Not interested in finding job before I arrive but would like know if the areas that I am interested in will be able to offer employment options. so far everything seems to be for Auckland or Christchurch.
    Any info will be useful. Thanks.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

You're better off looking up employment agencies in each area on the www.yellowpages.co.nz website. Very few companies from those regions advertise on the main websites as they dont want the mountain of applications from people living abroad that cannot do the job and are looking at applying for any skilled jobs for residency, not to mention the expense of advertising on those sites!!

Contact the agencies, tell them you have PR (make this fact VERY clear!!) and go from there. I wouldnt apply until closer the time though, agents dont like dealing with people not already in the country as some are inevitably a no-show.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

SteveyC is offline Right Royal Pain In The Posterior

At the end of the day, if you take Napier as an example, you have 2 cities with 50000 people nearby. There's no way an engineer won't be needed somewhere surely. However look on the web and it's as if Napier doesn't exist. I'm sure that must apply to the other areas you mention too.