Thread: area of employment for telecommunications

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Default area of employment for telecommunications

My husband works in telecommunications he has worked through the ranks to area management from technician and has 10 years experience. Unfortunatly though, no formal qualifications which hinders his points.He is very willing to go back to the technical role if needs be has it is on the immediate shortage list. We think we have to go through the work to residency route or have a job offer to boost the points, is this right? I hope to complete my degree while in nz and have no relevant works experience to up the points. If we come on the work permit do I and the kids come on a visitors vias? Ian is 36 and I'm 35.

Anyone know which are best areas of employment for Ian's job. Sorry about the long winded questions :icon_lol:

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

There's always a bundle of telecoms jobs out there. Check out the NZ Telecom website www.telecom.co.nz - somewhere on there is a list of all of telecoms vacancies across the whole country.

If you came over with a work permit, you would be entitled to a partner's work permit also, and the children would get student visas. If you wanted to attend uni, you would either have to apply for a work permit with special variations to study, or a student permit.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

saraian is offline Oh Masterful One

Taffy comes up trumps again . You are a mind of imformation thanks so much speak to you soon with many more stupid questions ,i'm sure! If i want to do a degree via distance learning do you still need a student visa? ie open polytechnic.

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi,

The university would still request you be on a student permit before you would be allowed on any course, open or on site.

You may also be liable to international fees, not having residency, but I'm not too sure on that. I know children pay domestic rates for schools if parents are on work permits, but I'm not sure about adults doing courses.

Best bet is to contact the university you are interested in studying with, and they will be able to tell you.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.