Thread: for the purposes of immigration, what counts as Auckland?

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default for the purposes of immigration, what counts as Auckland?

When filling in the EOI etc does Franklin District in general and Pukekohe more specifically count as Auckland or not Auckland..

When using sites such as realenz.co.nz it does come under the Auckland heading but it does appear to be a bit of a way out of the city..

Does anyone know the area?
    Any ideas what its like?

How much of a commute from Pukekohe (How DO you pronounce that?) to Middlemore Hospital?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default for the purposes of immigration, what counts as Au

Pukekohe is pronounced Pook-e-Koh-eh.

Franklin is in the Auckland region, which unfortunately counts as Auckland!

Dont know how far it is from Middlemore though, sorry.

I've only been through the franklin district once or twice, and although I cant remember the specific towns, I cant say it grabbed me.

Most of south Auckland seems not to be recommended, but whether that just means places like Mt Wellington and Manakau, and not as far down as franklin i'm not sure.

Not much help, am I?!
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

nattydread is offline God like figure

"Not much help, am I?!"

not at all.. as usual bags of info..
    Thanks for that Taffy..

We were told at the Expo last year that Southside Auckland could be ropey.. We may need to contemplate living northside and crossing the city for a commute..

Bit off a bummer although we will probably (hopefully) be in jobs that involve shift work so we may miss rush hours..

thanks again anyway...

Daisyspop is offline Senior Member

As I've said loud and often, Pukeekohe is a wonderful place to live. To make matters better the town is developing at a steady pace so as to retain the semi-rural atmosphere that prevails. Franklin, is only Auckland technically, it has its own local government and operates almost autonomously. Believe me as one who steers well clear of South Auckland, Pukekohe can not be compared to any other town or area. My wife works in Papatoetoe S. Auckland and thoroughly enjoys the transition into calm and beautiful countryside as she drives home each day. I may sound like an advert for Pukekohe but that's because we fell in love with it when we first drove in; nothing in the time that we have lived here has changed our views - and that includes job offers from other areas of New Zealand. If you are going to be working in or around Auckland this is the best place to live - easier to commute, less stressful and a darn sight cheaper when it comes to housing.