Thread: Want to know how much your rent should be?

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Default Want to know how much your rent should be?

If you want an idea as to how much you could expect to pay for rent, no matter where you are going to in NZ, try this:

MarketRent - Department of Building and Housing
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

lisam is offline Junior Member

Default furnished rentals...do they exist

taffy,
    we are expecting ....visas approved that is, to be in auckland around june, we will be shipping some furniture but it wont arrive from ireland for six weeks so we need furnished accommodation in the howick , bucklands pakuranga region.anywhere ive looked all seems to be unfurnished which is no use to us...me husband ang three girls. we can spend from 3 to 450 a week. any bit of help would be just great, its very hard to navigate it all from this end!!!
    thanks
    lisa m

Blog Entries

Hi,
    Finding furnished rentals is not an easy task. They do exist, but are really few and far between. You might have to get some cheap furniture from somewhere like 'The Warehouse' to get you by until your stuff arrives.
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

Default thanks

great thanks you are a mind of info you will definitely re incarnate as an encyclopedia! we are still awaiting the jurys decision on our application, my co said about a week and shed let me know, that was from last thursday so nearly twelve days! im optomistically taking the fact that i havent heard as positive as im sure if it was a no id have been surely put out of my extended misery by now. do you think i might rock the boat by ringing or e mailing for any news? i dont want to upset her but the deposit is through for my house and the estate agent has rang twice asking if we are still going ahead with the sale. we got a great price for the house, theres a lot hanging in the balance. even if you have no answers, its very therapeutic just telling someone else and offloading all the worries that come with all this stuff, this is an exellent site, well done taffy, mike and i will buy you lots of lovely drinks if we ever ever get there.
    lisa m

Blog Entries

I'll look forward to those drinks!!

My advice... pick up the damn phone and call your CO. You wont upset/annoy her as more than likely every case she works on means frustrated people wanting to know if their LIFE is about to change!

They know what they are dealing with, and she'll be more than happy to let you know whats happening.

Phone Phone PHONE!!
    Taffy

Default great scott im gonna do it

first thing monday morning im ringing my co, my heart will be thumping but she must surely have news one way or another by then, ill let you know how i got on, im not the bravest soul in the world but i must find out
    ta ta for now
    lisa m