Thread: whangarei anyone!!!!!!!

tessie is offline Junior Member

Default whangarei anyone!!!!!!!

hi all, just wondering if anyone has any info regarding whangarei area. we have a small amount of info would be nice if anyone has been there or living there now. thanks.
    bye for now sandra and glenn :lol:

bluefoot is offline Junior Member

hi tessie, sorry, I have no info, but wanted to say hello and hope you find what you are looking for..g'day :D

tessie is offline Junior Member

Default thanks

hi bluefoot,
    thanks for your reply, we have a small amount of info regarding whangarei. people in that area have sent me details on where and where not to live. will head for whangarei next year and see for ourselves it looks lke a wonderful relaxed place as do many parts of nz.
    are you looking to go to nz also ? seems a long way off at the moment and we are really exicited about going. well must go for now (working nightshift ) need to get my beauty sleep :wink:

speak soon take care
    SANDRA :lol:

Ady
    Ady is offline Member

Hi

If its any use, we just got back from a trip to look at areas to live. We really fancied whangarei, and took a trip up there.
    It was nice, it had pretty much all the facilities you could want - although we did think there would be regular trips to Auckland, and had a much slower feel. But for us, the complete lack of any way of getting to Auckland without driving did put us off. Its a good 2 hour drive, as the motorway only goes to Orewa, and then its slow single file with some passing lanes - esp. if anyone got stuck behind our very slow campervan on any sort of incline!
    I wouldn't say for a second it felt isolated, but once your out the town, theres very little around for a distance.
    But the houses dotted around the hills all gave great views!
    Hope this is of use anyway.

bugeyeguy is offline Junior Member

Default whangarei anyone?

Greetings!
    I now have a tentative job offer in Whangarei.

Did Tessie ever find out anything more than the population of Whangarei? Is anyone now on the forum living near there? Any new info would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Tom

Lisa is offline Senior Member

Hi all

Just thought i'd supply some more info info on Whangarei, hope this helps

www.whangareinz.org.nz
    http://www.saferwhangarei.wdc.govt.n...tm#deprivation
    http://www.oceanresort.co.nz/area.htm
    www.realenz.co.nz
    www.open2view.co.nz

Lisa :icon_biggrin:

Propertytallk is offline Junior Member

Whangarei is benefiting from the spill-over effect of Aucklanders moving north - property development, investment, both coastal and otherwise is moving ahead with $1million homes popping up in good areas.

Cheers,

Donna