Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi open for questions

oakuradunn is offline Junior Member

Default Kiwi open for questions

Hey Everybody,
    I'm a NZer (with family) in Taranaki NZ, and I thought if anybody wanted some honest feedback & possible answers etc from a kiwi, go ahead and ask.
    I can't give any feedback regarding immigration issues, but if you want some non tourism B.S from a kiwi who knows our country (warts and all) very well, then feel free to ask.

Cheers
    Mike Dunn

Inzvestor is offline Junior Member

Hi Mike

You certainly live in a great place.

Have surfed Oakura many times (am an expat)

Taranaki is a place I would look at living when I return home (am based in London for the next few years)

Regards

Glenn

jFrances is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Kiwi open for questions

[quote:34d16fd35b="oakuradunn"]Hey Everybody,
    I'm a NZer (with family) in Taranaki NZ, and I thought if anybody wanted some honest feedback & possible answers etc from a kiwi, go ahead and ask.
    I can't give any feedback regarding immigration issues, but if you want some non tourism B.S from a kiwi who knows our country (warts and all) very well, then feel free to ask.

Cheers
    Mike Dunn[/quote:34d16fd35b]

hi - i am a student wondering about good locations to study at in NZ. i am into snowboarding and most extreme sports but i would love to learn to surf, i was wondering if you had any suggestions as to a few cites that might be a good place - i prefer larger cities (like 100,000 or so) - but im not too picky being as your the expert im just wondering what you would recomend! thanks - jFrances

Coulliette is offline Member

Default Questions about NZ

Hey Mike,

I am planning a trip to NZ in the next few years to make my final decision (and convince my husband) about moving there. Is there any region that we could visit that would pretty much sum up the whole country. I know all the regions are very different, but I am trying to talk my husband into it, I'm coming, with or without him! :wink:

Thanks for you help!

Coulliette

nattydread is offline God like figure

Default definitely North Island but where....

We are definitely set on North Island.. but...

Originally we had planned for Central North Island area,possibly Hawkes Bay or around that way, but now I'm not so sure..

I have read somewhere that there are a lot of IT type jobs in and around Wellington..
    My wife will be on the look for a midwife's post, we are hoping that there will be plenty of these around no matter where we plan to live..

Are there any former UK residents now living on the North Island that can advise on the climate/weather differences between there and here??

Grinch is offline Junior Member

Default I was thinking......

Hi Mike (and everyone else...)
    I'm looking at making the move to NZ in 2006. I'd be interested to learn what folks think of the Hamilton area. I'll be coming to NZ as a Registered Nurse (if that matters....), and have looked at this area the most. Any thoughts? Concerns? Ideas? Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Brian

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default Places to live

Hi, my brother lives in Mount Albert, Auckland. We are thinking of emmigrating to nz next sept and would also like to live in Auckland...especially as i'm a primary teacher and apparently they need more of us in auckland. My bro suggests north shore city.....what's it like?? we have 2 kids 15 and 6.. would it be ok for them?

fisheress

looking4ward2 is offline Junior Member

Hi Mike

Hope your still checking the website.

Am looking to come to NZ next year and am in particular looking at living in the Taranaki region with husband working in/near New Plymouth. Whats the travelling time? Tell me more about Taranaki and surrounding areas to live with a 7 year old child.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Marie

jamesthecarman is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Re: definitely North Island but where....

[quote:fbf1eeb12d="craigbalsillie"]We are definitely set on North Island.. but...

Originally we had planned for Central North Island area,possibly Hawkes Bay or around that way, but now I'm not so sure..

I have read somewhere that there are a lot of IT type jobs in and around Wellington..
    My wife will be on the look for a midwife's post, we are hoping that there will be plenty of these around no matter where we plan to live..

Are there any former UK residents now living on the North Island that can advise on the climate/weather differences between there and here??[/quote:fbf1eeb12d]

The IT jobs are definitely in Wellington. And for the weather compared to UK PM Jodi (She's in Wellington).

Edit: Just realized this is like 9 months after the original question. You may even be here by now! :icon_wink:

nattydread is offline God like figure

thanks for the reply james..

not there yet but thanks for the info.. was worried about the one man crime wave you were on,, so we postponed it for a while..

I will pm jodi re the weather..
    Im currently studying for CISCO certification to improve my job prospects..

You don't happen to know what Hamilton is like for IT work,,
    I read somewhere that is now the biggest city in NZ and quite industrialised... as such you would think that there would be a demand for all kinds of work..

thanks again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast