Thread: Question about approved in principle visa

Emma2412 is offline Junior Member

Default Question about approved in principle visa

Hey Guys,

Have a quick question for you... We applied for our approved in principle visas and we're playing the waiting game at the moment. The other day I noticed the NZ Immigration have taken out the money for the visas out of our account.. so my question is, would the NZ Immigration office take the money for visas that would be rejected or do they only take money for visas that have been granted?

i'm at my wits end playing the waiting game so any replies would be brilliant.

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Cool

It would like like they are approved.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand
    NZ Citizenship in 2000, been in NZ 15 years now
    Arrived NZ in 1997 from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

"New Zealand isn't just a physical place it is a state of mind."

Thanks for your reply Cliff.

I phoned the INZ there today and asked them. They said that once they get the application and put it on the system that take full payment! I found this strange that they would take money before actually granting the visas. I thought that since we were granted the visas in principle I didn't think that we would have to join another line to get our visas granted.

so again.... here goes another waiting game.....

Blog Entries

Cool

Emma2412

I know being patient is difficult. Smart thought to call INZ. It is what they are there for and you get the latest directly from the horses mouth.

You passed the ITA which is only the first step. Basically it says "it looks like you have what is required". Tons of people get shot down at that stage, "do not pass GO, do not collect $200". Now INZ will research everything you told them in detail to make sure it is true and accurate. Many people lie their hearts out to try get in, so it not personal but INZ must perform their due diligence. If you do not lie and everything is correct you will have no issues.

If you have an issue don't hide it but bring it out up front and explain it. People often have something they are worried about which is perfectly explainable. But instead of bringing it out they do the worst thing possible and try to hide it. INZ isn't mean but they are good, very god at what they do. If you lied or tried to hide something they will take the thinking "well if you lied about that, what else is not true" and go on a witch hunt. Even if you pass it will take much longer.

If you have the points you are fine. There are 10,000 more things you can spend your time than worrying, so focus all that nervous energy on preparing your plan for your move. They can keep you busy until the day you move. It is not busy work but things you need to do. I have been there too so I am speaking from first hand experience. It won't cost you anything to research, document, and plan it all out.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

Cliff,

The visa we have applied for we don't need points, we have applied under the 1025 and 1146 visas. My husband had been offered a job already and his employer got his visas "approved in principle", so then I was thinking that we only had to fill in the forms and send them in but it isn't the case.

We were totally honest on all the forms. We have also set out the information in such a way that the person viewing our forms will find what they are looking for easily.

We have everything sorted for the move now its just a matter of getting our passports back now with that all important stamp.

Blog Entries

Cool

Emma2412

Work visas are a slam dunk. I got mine in a few days from the consulate in Los Angeles. Residency is another animal very different from a work visa. A work visa is for a period of time, residency is forever and leads to citizenship. You kind of have temporary residency. There are no difference in your rights or benefits between a work visa holder and a resident visa holder. You are covered under the social medicine scheme.

If you decide you like NZ and want to stay you can file for residency after you arrive. I hope that helps. I am sure you will have no issues.

emma what country are you coming from? It won't matter on your visa I was just curious for my own information.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand

I was thinking that cliff, I think I read somewhere that it takes 5 working days. Hopefully its completed fast enough.

We're coming from Ireland. This country has gone to the dogs. I've completed a degree in social care and cant get a job and my husband is a carpenter and is working for a 3rd wages than he was getting 3 years ago (and the wages then weren't inflated either).

We'll get there 1st and the make the future decisions.

Blog Entries

Cool

Emma

Looks like you have everything sussed. Best of luck.
    Cheers

Cliff

Nelson, New Zealand