Thread: Work To Residence Permit

Snoopy is offline Junior Member
    Originally fm Zimbabwe, but moved to UK cos of the political situation there drove us out

Smile Work To Residence Permit

Hi

I am a mom of 3 kids, one in college and one in school, and am terribly keen to live in NZ and am hoping to go on a Work to Residence permit. Its really scary doing this on my own - can anyone who is in the same position, give me any info on this, as there's so much to know. Any info would be much apprecitated.

looking forward to hearing good news!

Snoopy

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome Snoopy. Can you tell us what your circumstances are with regards to any skills you have and what your job situation is? This will give us a better idea of how to answer you. The easiest way (if you can ever call immigration into NZ 'easy' ) is to have certain skills and work experience that NZ is looking for. The selection category works on a points system. Perhaps if you do a Search for 'points' or 'system' on here it should bring up some previous posts with relevant links that might enlighten you about how it works.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

benjie is offline Junior Member

Default Application received

Hie motherbear

Just been reading helpful response you give to people you might give me hints with this one, we submitted our ITA pack on 14 August 2008 and they have acknowledged received it do you know how much longer we have to wait we submitted all the requirements, we noticed when you log on the their immigration online they have added medicals received under health status do they like do this for all the requirements they asked us to enclose, just a bit curious to find out the process and duration of time to wait.

Thanks

ITA
    Last edited by benjie; 01-09-2008 at 10:53 PM.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

It's difficult to say how long it will take, Benjie. It depends on which branch and in which country your application is being dealt with. Some branches are busier than others and, therefore, things take longer. Some people hear very quickly but others have to wait a few months. Usually the people with the most points and job offers are dealt with before those who have less.

At least you know they have received your ITA and are working on it. There is a lot of checking to do which takes time. I hope you won't have to wait much longer to hear if you are successful.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.