Thread: Upper Hutt

WillyWonka is offline Junior Member

Default Upper Hutt

I've got an interview for a job in Upper Hutt coming up. What's the place like? I know little about NZ. I sent my CV off to an agency on spec as I liked the look of the job and they seem really keen to employ me. I have lived overseas before and NZ seems quite attractive but is UH windy like I understand Wellington is? That would certainly be off puttingfor my wife who is desparate the escape British winters!

What is St Pat's College, Silverstream like? That is where I would invisige sending my 13 year old son as we are a catholic family. Is it a good school? How does it compare to schools in the UK?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

No personal experience, as usual, but there's a brief mention of Upper Hutt on here .

Also a bit of impersonal stuff about the place here .

Upper Hutt websites .

The ERO report on St. Patrick's . It's a couple of years old but might give you some idea. A list of other schools in the area .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Cliff is offline Oh Masterful One
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WillyWonka View Post
    I've got an interview for a job in Upper Hutt coming up. What's the place like? I know little about NZ. I sent my CV off to an agency on spec as I liked the look of the job and they seem really keen to employ me. I have lived overseas before and NZ seems quite attractive but is UH windy like I understand Wellington is? That would certainly be off puttingfor my wife who is desparate the escape British winters!

What is St Pat's College, Silverstream like? That is where I would invisige sending my 13 year old son as we are a catholic family. Is it a good school? How does it compare to schools in the UK?

Upper Hutt is ok. You are north of Wellington. It can be windy in Upper hutt and is colder in the winter but not brutal. At least you are out of the big city but close by. No bad traffic jams, good shopping. ok place to live.