Thread: WOOHOO - Finally arrived in New Zealand...!!!

loopylu is offline Member

Default WOOHOO - Finally arrived in New Zealand...!!!

Hey all,

Finally finally finally (my partner and) I arrived in New Zealand this week... - woohoo... It is so exciting to be here after dreaming of it for sooo many years. Definitely had tears of joy as the plane touched down in Auckland.

We took the 'long' way from the UK and spent a couple of weeks in the Grand Canyon and then what turned into 4 months in Fiji (should only have been 5 weeks) and here we are...!!! We're only here on a 12 month working-holiday-visa at the moment but for those who have read my previous posts I am here trying to convince my partner that he really wants to stay here permanently... and it's looking good so far, we've only been here 5 days and he's pretty smitten already AND we've not even made it out of Auckland yet...!!!

Anyway some friends from the UK are over here for a couple of weeks so we're going to catch a ride in their hired camper and follow them around the north and south island on a whistle stop tour and then come back to the car we bought yesterday (which we pick up today - so excited) and do a more extended tour of the country before finally thinking about getting some work maybe down in Queenstown for the winter

All so exciting and new at the moment... but now that we're back in a land where internet exists I should be able to pop on here again a bit more often

Lucy X
    Arrived in New Zealand on WHV on 5th Feb '08.

Facebook ID: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=704762406

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Yay! Have loads of fun, and best wishes with convincing your partner to stay.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Lucy, welcome back into the fold. Great to hear from you again and to know you've really made it to NZ.

Fiji must have had a great pull for you to have stayed there so long. Hope NZ can compete with that. You're off to a good start if your OH is happy in Auckland as it can only get better after that.

Keep us posted on progress.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Wahayyyy, welcome back to the forum Lucy Soooooo pleased to hear you're here and loving it

You know where we are if you're around the Hamilton area (well, actually you don't, but if you are around the Hamilton area and fancy a coffee, we'll give you that top-secret information, as long as you promise not to give it to ebianca when she arrives next month )

Happy touring

ebianca is offline Gingery, Peppery & Spicy
    Blog Entries

Good to hear from you again Lucy- sounds like you've had a ball on your way to NZ let's hope you enjoy being there just as much.

Make sure you keep in touch with us all.

Beth

as long as you promise not to give it to ebianca when she arrives next month
    I don't want it anyway- not much use to me in Welli
    Flights booked for 24th March 2008!
    Landed in Wellington 26th March 2008!!

Job Offer Received 9th July 2008!

Temp Work Permit application submitted 11th July 2008!
    Temp Work Permit approved 4th August 2008!

EOI Submitted 11th July 2008!
    EOI Selected 16th July 2008!
    EOI 'Successful' 1st August 2008!
    ITA Received 8th August 2008!
    ITA Aplication accepted 26th September!

APROVED in Principle 10th June 2009!!!!
    Residency Visa issued 7th July 2009!!!!!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ebianca View Post

I don't want it anyway- not much use to me in Welli