Thread: senior schooling

monica is offline Junior Member

Question senior schooling

hello anyone

there's certainly a lot of good info on this forum - does anyone know when the academic year starts in NZ? also, i read somewhere that you have to apply for permission or something for kids to attend school - any info anyone?

monica (getting more worn down by the facts of aldershot).

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Monica,

There was a time not long ago, when I could have put up a clear link to the school terms in NZ, but it looks like they're having a muck about with them from next year to allow schools greater flexibility in choosing their own terms times. Take a look at this for some idea of how it works.

This tells you a bit about enrolling kids into school .

I'll throw this link in as well just for good measure. It's about Schooling in NZ .

Having posted all this, I'm wondering, by 'senior schooling', whether you mean colleges or unis rather than schools? Maybe I got it wrong?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

monica is offline Junior Member

wow,
    you're good! very helpful.
    monica

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

The bit about getting permission is this: You have to fill in an Application To Study for each of your kids. This will give them the right to study as domestic students i.e. you don't have to pay international fees. Npw, I'm not sure how this works if you apply for PR from the UK but you will have to fill them out. Here, in NZ, we have applied for work permits, we were given these application forms at the same time and returned them at the same time at a cost of $200 per applicant. Taffy and WG said they had to fill one out for Rachael as well when they applied for PR, they were also in NZ. Maybe if you're applying from the UK they send them along with your ITA so it's all processed together and your kids are able to start school as soon as you arrive. That would make sense.
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land