Thread: Single Vaccines for Kids

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Default Single Vaccines for Kids

Does any one know if it's possible to single vaccine injections for measles, mumps and rubella in NZ?

After all the paranoia and hype about MMR in the UK, we chose to go for single vaccines when it was time to get our kids 'done'. Unfortunately, our five year old needs her pre-school boosters and our Kiwi health centre only does MMR.

I know the medical gurus have dismissed the MMR scare and that Dr Andrew Wakefield has been discredited beyond all belief, but....

So, if any one can tell me where to go or who to see, I'd be very much obliged

keeweegal is offline Kosher Kiwi
    Blog Entries

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Touché!

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi kokopeli,

'Fraid I don't know what the joke is with keeweegirl and Mother Bear. Maybe something you have said that I have not picked up on?

Anyway, for the record, I understand it is not possible to get single measles, mumps and rubella vaccinations here in NZ. It is the same in Australia. If there is an 'underground' method of getting the vaccines, nobody I've talked to knows of it.

My youngest has not had the MMR or single vaccines. No one has insisted that he have them here, but I think that if they insisted I can better accept him having them at his age (7) than when he was a baby.

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Hi kokopeli,

'Fraid I don't know what the joke is with keeweegirl and Mother Bear. Maybe something you have said that I have not picked up on?
    Sorry, Glenda. It's just that Kokopeli, aiming for forum domination , spammed all recent posts with smileys.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Yeah, I saw he had either (a) got too much time on his hands, or (b) was fed up of only being a 'senior member' and was aiming for 'god-like' status.

Didn't see the smilies though. Still, he might have a bone fide query about MMR, or someone may be interested!
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Oh, I think I deserved it Glenda

Our youngest had had one round of single vaccines, but should really have the second lot, just to make sure. We've come to the conclusion that we might have to have the MMR, not have anything or go overseas to get the rest of the singles.

Ho hum.