Thread: It has been a long time, hasn't it?

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Default It has been a long time, hasn't it?

Well hello everyone!
    It is about time that I surfaced onto the forum after a very long break. Don't want to bore you all with everything that's been going on in my life, but to begin with everything is absolutely great! Still loving NZ, hubby still loving NZ, boys still loving NZ!!!! After 17 months it's still working out as we planned.

I'm now in my 2nd year of teaching here and can safely say that just in the last few weeks I have begun to really enjoy my job. Took a long while, but I stuck in there! Hubby has been here 12 months now - isn't sure about the police, but has been promoted already so he's happy enough. My eldest has settled down now after giving me lots of grey hairs and wrinkles and he's working at last. My youngest is in just about every sports team you can imagine and has loads of friends.

My folks came out for 9 weeks at Xmas and we had a great time. We were planning to fly back to the Uk in July but have made a wise decision as it's too soon and too expensive...........instead I've spent my flight money on a new spa bath for on the deck!!!

Over Easter, we did a South Island road trip and had a great time!! Helicopter ride over Mount Cook, horse trekking etc. fabulous. Would I live down there? Maybe!

Anyway, the lastest from me (to Mother Bear really) is that my parents' residency has come through and they have put their house on the market this week!!! Great news for me and my brother.............my sister is not happy at all which is completely understandable.

Hello to all those who spotted my post a while back! Hope everyone in NZ is having as good as time as I am! For those who are planning to come.........do your homework well and it will be great. For those who have been and returned.....what a tale to tell down the pub or to the grandchildren.

Anyway, I'll look in again soon to see what everyone's up to!!

Take Care
    Fisheress

Taffy is offline He who shall be ignored
    Blog Entries

Hi fisheress!!

Sure has been a while

Great to hear things are going so well for you. You're approaching the magic 2 year marker that makes people seem to feel at home.

Ahhh I love success stories
    Taffy

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the update, Fisheress. It's so good to know how everyone's getting on and such a shame when we lose touch.

It's wonderful to hear that NZ is coming good for you all and that you're more or less settled there now. The icing on the cake will be when your parents come out to stay. Many congratulations to them on getting their PR. I'm really pleased for them. Fingers crossed for their house sale too. Still quite a while to wait for our application to go in, so I'm just hoping there aren't any major changes in immigration policy with regard to the Parent Category. I don't like the way they keep harping on about 'the ageing population of NZ' as I worry they'll decide to slam the door shut on letting any more wrinklies come in.

Anyway, keep enjoying NZ and updating us with your happy posts as we can do with all we can get to balance out any negativity that creeps in. It all helps.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Nice to hear from you Fisheress! A spa on the deck eh? Sounds good - maybe a glass of wine or two as well eh? Glad to hear about your job because I remember your frustration a time or two - they're listening now then? Really good to hear about your boys as well. I worry about my older two. Lauren is 16, such an impressionable age although she is very mature and sensible (famous last words). I imagine gaining some more grey hairs at her hands in the near future. I'm looking forward to doing some riding treks, it'll be a great way to see the scenery I think and it will keep me happy until I can get another horse of my own

Keep us updated
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hey fisheress

Thanks for looking in. It's all happening for you eh?...... It's great to hear good stories from our members - settlement is not always easy, but you sound like you've got it sussed! So pleased that everything is coming good for you and now you have the icing on the cake to look forward to with your parents soon to be here

Keep us updated on their progress and what's going on in the life of fisheress

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi fisheress,

Great to hear from you again! Sounds like everything is turning out just fine and it is certainly a big relief to have the kids happy.

Yes, I think the South Island is just great too, but prefer the north for the winter months! Mmm, I have a dream ... of a bach around the Marlborough Sound/Nelson area where we could visit during the summer and walk, kayak and swim.

Great news about your folks too! You must be so pleased to be able to have more family around. Your sister will now have a bigger excuse to travel to NZ more in future.
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fisheress View Post
    ...........instead I've spent my flight money on a new spa bath for on the deck!!!
    Everyone over to Fisheress's for a quick dip. Bring your own cossie.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

fisheress is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone!

Great to hear from you all again. Everyone seems to be in fine spirits!

Mother Bear.........when you arrive in NZ you are welcome to test out the spa. It is good news for my parents and I'm sure if you really want it, it's GOT to happen. Have faith sister!!!!

Dawn.....I can safely say a few wines are a must whilst warming cold bones on winter evenings. (not quite a spa, but close enough).
    Hubby has already sussed out a 'floating bar' as an accessory. Looks a bit like a disaster waiting to happen to me though, so maybe not!

Taffy and Welshgirl, things seem to have really worked out for you as well. You seem very content with your lot in Hamilton which is great!

I will definitely keep in touch and share my stories!

Take care
    Fisheress

OOOH am so jealous, a spa bath!!! I drool over these every time we got to the BBQ factory or Mitre 10, Hubby said why have a spa when we can fart in the bath hmph! typical tight scotsman Glad to hear you're all doing well!!
    Carolynne