Thread: Did you see it?

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Did you see it?

Thousands witness QM2's arrival
    9:00AM Saturday February 17, 2007

Boats greet cruise ship Queen Mary 2 as it arrives in Auckland today. Photo / Greg Bowker

The giant Queen Mary 2, one of the world's largest passenger ships and the largest ship to visit Auckland, glided up Rangitoto Channel this morning with a fleet of welcoming small craft.

QM2 is in Auckland for the day as part of its inaugural voyage -- and 80-day around the world trip.

Before sunrise a flotilla of small craft was out on Waitemata Harbour to welcome the 151,400-tonne ship.

As she went past Rangitoto Island, several planes and helicopters flew overhead.
    Vantage points around the harbour were jammed with thousands of cars, full of people eager to catch a glimpse of the famous visitor.

More here .
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Re: Did you see it?

Would love to have seen it.

I took the kids to their school camp last Wednesday and we could not help but notice a big cruise ship anchored in the Bay of Islands. It was a beautiful blue sky day and the ship looked just as beautiful. I didn't have my camera with me. >:(
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Did you see it?

Gracious, she was in San Francisco just a week or two ago. I forget how fast ships can go nowadays.
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s