Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Pulsarblu

Pulsarblu is offline God like figure

Default Hello from Pulsarblu

Hello everyone!! How are you all?

I am posting this update after being here for close to 5 months now. I am still in Wellington, got another job at a local power company, moved house and still waiting for wife to arrive.

Anyway... I love Wellington and the city is really beautiful and friendly. Sometimes when the weather is foul, it can get quite ugly and because of the weather, people are not in a real good mood. haha!

I switched to another job in the last 5 mths. The first job was not good and I got another opportunity that came up. So that is good now, I started for three weeks and have been enjoying the new challenges.

I also moved to Wilton, a suburb in Wellington. I rented a house at $300ish per week. Cost me quite a bit but I like the place, close to bus stop, private and near to nature (Otari Wilton Bush).

Wifw will arrive on 17 Feb!! Yippee!! I will drive up to Auckland and pcik her up.

More stories to tell when she arrive...

Cheers,
    Alex

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello from Pulsarblu

Hey stranger, welcome back to the forum :)

Good to hear you are settled in well and have coped with the changes and opportunities that have come your way.

Roll on Febuary 17th for you [smiley=023.gif] and keep us up to date with your adventures ;D

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Hi Pulsarblu,

Nice to hear you are doing well. Your house sounds good, near to bush, lovely!
    I bet you're well happy now that your wife will arrive in a couple of weeks, you've both waited long enough it seems! Life will only get better then I'm sure!! Hope your new job continues to keep you absorbed and happy, they're not so easy to come by. It's so disappointing if your first one doesn't work out. We have an ex-pat friend that is having work problems and finding a suitable other job hasn't proved easy so far.

We like Auckland alot, there is so much beauty around and the people are quite nice too!! (well you know, most people are nice, some not... like everywhere really!!)
    We have some nice friends and that counts for a lot!
    Take care, all the best,
    Debra and family!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Good to hear from you again, Alex . ?

Great news that you've managed to find a job you can settle into, so good luck with that. ?It'll be interesting to hear what Catherine thinks of Wellie and NZ in general. ?Has she been there before or is this her first time?

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

selchie is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hey-ho,

I'm glad things are going well, and that your wife will be joining you soon. Best wishes!
    If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows.
    - Rev. Henry Ward Beecher, mid-1800s

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi Alex, ? [smiley=039.gif]

Glad to hear you still love Welly. ?Shame the weather affects the friendly disposition of Wellingtonians. ?Can't blame them, though, with better climes elsewhere in NZ. ?Still, it is a great city when the sun shines. ?

Have a good trip up to Auckland and back. ?Will you be turning it into a short holiday and visit some attractions to wean Caroline into NZ?

:) ?
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Hello,

So glad your wife isn't that far away from arriving now. You will be so happy. The time will fly by.

Wilton seems a real nice area. Lovely surrounds as well. We've driven through it a few times.

Keep us posted with your updates and let us know what your wife thinks of NZ.

Thank you all! She has been here before and only in the South Island, so North will be something new for her.

I will keep everyone updated...and if you need any assistance in Welly, just buzz me an email.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Didn't you say something about visiting the Wairarapa? Did you go? What was it like? It may be somewherre we're heading and we would appreciate the feedback. Ta very much ;)
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Yep, I went to the Wairarapa region twice actually.

The first time, I drove there with some family members on their visit to NZ. We visited the vineyards and do some walks which are really nice. Also drove around the region taking in the sights and wind and sun.

The second time, I took the train from Welly. This time I went alone. The train is more comfotable than driving. For driving you have to pass thru the Rimutaka hill road which is dangerous for drivers who is not familiar with windly steep bends. Also some other drivers are simply crazy and seems to take the roads as race tracks. Anyway I like the train ride, took about 1.5 hours. If you are doing a day trip it is worth while to get the Wairarapa explorer ticket. It is $15 return. Other wise I think it is $14 each way. I did a day trip to Masterton and went to the Queen E. park to chill out, read a book and have my own picnic. Because I went on Wellington Anniversary, most shops are closed except for NW of course. You can rent a bike and explore further out field from Happy Valley Cycles. Also worth visiting is the museum at Masterton.

If interested, you can also stop along the train route to Featherson, I saw many people got off so must be quite interesting, I will do that in the next trip.

Cheers.
    Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast