Thread: Hi to Everyone!

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

Default Hi to Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year to you all!
    Sorry I haven't been around for a while but our computer has broken, a big problem I think too, so still not fixed. I'm in this cafe for a short time but wanted to stop by and say Hello.
    I hope you all had a great Christmas and not too cold some of you!!
    We had the coldest December in New Zealand for 60 years apparently!! (Well not me personally, as I'm not that old just yet!! Tee hee)
    As some may know, it was our first Xmas here, we arrived 4 months ago. The weather has been beautiful the last few days. We spent NY eve on the beach with the kids in the day, so beautiful and fairly quiet - quite surreal!
    I'm annoyed I can't read any posts as I have just spent eons replying to old e-mails and the family need me!!! (;-)
    I'll look forward to reading them as soon as we can find the problem with the laptop. More expense!
    Bye everybody,
    Debra & family X

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Re: Hi to Everyone!

Hi Deb,

Good to hear from you again. Was wondering how you and the family were doing.

We've found it hard catching up with the forum and things as well. It's hard juggling work and catching up with friends and family on webcam and emails.

Glad Xmas and NY went well for you.

Look forwarding to hearing more from you over the next few months,

Hugs
    Amy
    xxx

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Hi Deb,

Good to hear that all is well with you and the family. Shame about the laptop packing up, let's hope it'll soon be fixed. It's been pretty quiet around here so you haven't missed too much. All the very best to you for 2007. Let the good times roll! 8-)

We had the coldest December in New Zealand for 60 years apparently!!
    It's been unusually cool here in Oman as well. It does get coolish in Jan/Feb but winter started early this year and caught everyone out. A lot of people have been ill with colds, coughs and 'flu.

Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Hi Amy and Motherbear!!

Well the computer is sort of fixed, a bit flickery but it'll do.
    Thanks for your replies, it seems ages since I was here! Hey Amy, glad to hear you are both well, how are things on the job front? I know what you mean about catching up with everybody but I tell you, it was actually quite nice being forced to be away from the computer because it can take so much of your precious time up can't it?
    I hope things are going ok for you too Motherbear.... especially with the medicals etc. and plans for immigrating.
    It's raining this morning but the weather has been so nice lately and it has made a big difference to how we spend our days.
    We're about to buy a barbecue now which feels a bit strange for January, ha!
    Take care
    Debrax

nattydread is offline God like figure

hi deb..

welcome to new zealand...

lol..
    sorry.. not been on for ages..

where are you?

enjoying it anyway by the sounds of it..

weather hasn't been great but it is getting better..
    we spent today at the beach.. (castlepoint) .. it was lovely..

barbecue for tea tonight..
    few beers aftwerwards..

life really isn't that bad when you think about it..

hope you and yours are all well..

glad you made it out here..

cheers

craig.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Hi Deb,

Glad to hear you have got the PC fixed. I do believe we would all be much fitter and more sociable if there was a law passed to only use the computer on certain days of the week! Still, like TV, the internet has its enjoyable side. :D

Good on you for getting a barbecue! If you've got the barbecue, the deck and the six-pack (or bottle of wine) well I guess you are on your way to being Kiwi! ;)

:)

Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Hi Craig and Glenda!
    Thanks for your replies.
    We're living in Birkenhead, North Shore. It's been a bloomin rough time until now but Summer is here, the barbecue's a fixture and beer and wine a plenty, ha!! (Hey, for everyone still not yet here, you all know that life is never quite that simple!!)... I just like to tell everybody the ups and downs because I was reading so many posts about how wonderful things were and how easy it all seemed, yet I felt like shouting, " Is it really that simple??" ha... well now I guess we feel a bit more like otheres who have been here for a while and are starting to get that 'Kiwi' feel as you said Natty, ha!About the computer Glenda, you're right, I've already spent the best part of my morning on here catching up when I could have got quite a bit of work done!!