Thread: Now that's customer service!!

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Default Now that's customer service!!

Hi all, just want to share this with you all cos I am so overwhelmed by the customer service - this certainly wouldn't have happened back in Uk! ?We are heading down to Wellington this weekend for a friend's birthday party, we are literally flying down Saturday lunchtime and flying back Sunday early afternoon. ?As I've probably mentioned before there is NOWHERE round here that you can get children's feet properly measured or get decent kids shoes - nearest shop is Auckland which is over 2 hours away. ?I knew there was a shop in Wellington that did proper measurements and which sold Clark's shoes, so I phoned them earlier this week to find out whether they were open on Sundays as this was the only time we could get there. ?They aren't ?normally open but the wonderful lady offered to phone her boss to see whether he would be prepared to open the shop especially for us - and he was!!! ?We cannot believe that they are doing this for us - I'm stunned by the gesture, and I just hope that they have shoes in Frankie's size after all this ?;D ?In any case I'm sure they'll have something in my size!! ?Hubby went slightly green at the thought, he knows how much damage I can do to the credit card when it comes to shoes!! ?

Anyway, that's made my week - I hope everyone else is having good week too...

Maggie x

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Default Re: Now that's customer service!!

That's great service. It's nice when that happens.

I must admit out of all the NZ towns/cities we've visited Wellington has to be the friendliest I think. We get people falling over us trying to help us which is so nice!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Nice that someone's prepared to put themselves out for once, unlike the jobsworths you usually end up with. Either that or they're desperate for business :D. Either way, good news that you'll be able to sort everyone's feet out in the best way possible.

Have a good trip, Maggie.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Dawn is offline All Knowing Deity
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmmmm....just trying to imagine the kind of response you'd get in the UK..........although everywhere here seems to be open 24/7 nowadays :(

Hope they have something you want or you're gonna end up buying something anyway just because of their thoughtful gesture.

Have a good un :)
    Passionate about the unfathomableness opportunities of kiwi-a-gogo-land

Maggiemoo is offline Senior Member
    Salisbury UK (was Tauranga NZ from 06/06 to 05/07)

Just a bit of an update - had a wonderful weekend in Wellington, and we were blessed with sunshine the whole time which was a huge change from the wind and rain that we had experienced in June (I know it was winter time, but everyone says its been pretty yukky weather wise in Wellington most of the time since then too ?;)) ?The owners of the shoe shop were fantastic - they did indeed open the shop, and we managed to buy 3 pairs of shoes and sandals for our 2 year old to keep her going through the Summer - they weren't nearly as expensive as I thought they might be, so we treated ourselves to some Yorkshire tea bags and some bread sauce mix in the UK shop down in the city (Christmas lunch isn't Christmas lunch for me without bread sauce and I was getting really distressed at not being able to get any here in Tauranga - it has to be packet stuff, I can't stand the real home-made stuff!! ?weird, eh?!!) ?We stayed at the Duxton Hotel as they had a really good price on the Positively Wellington promotion - and the price included breakfast for us all and a bottle of bubbly!! Definitely recommend it, gorgeous views over the harbour from our room, and so close to all the city sights and shops.

Maggie

LilAmy is offline God like figure

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Wellie, it is a lovely city.

You'd have had a nice view of my work as well from the Duxton as I work across in the Rialto building for The Watermark.

If I had realised you were staying in the Duxton I could have tried for a few freebies for you as my friend is the Events Manager there....next time maybe :)

Debd is offline Oh Masterful One

What a nice post!!
    I know the lack of proper kids shoe shops is surprising. I went a bit mad in the UK before we left to stock up but good to know there is one in Auckland as we live just 10 mins away.
    I forgot about bread sauce etc.....!!! It's times like these that I miss M&S! What am I gonna do for yorkshire puds now?? Mine used to turn out like flat inedible biscuits.... yuk! I will have to get surfing the net for fool-proof recipes!
    Your trip sounded great!

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

That is definitely good customer service! ? [smiley=smiley20.gif]

I personally would not go to such lengths to buy Clarks shoes in New Zealand ... my kids have only worn sandals/jandals and trainers since we have been here. ?With my youngest, I have trouble getting him to wear anything at all on his feet! ?

:)
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb