Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kokopeli in NZ

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Default Kokopeli in NZ

I've split an original thread into two, to give kokopeli his own thread. Hope that is OK.
    :D
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

kokopeli is offline God like figure

Default Re: Warning about cheques

Hi Glenda,

We were more surprised that we were charged $2.50 Government Cheque Tax when we wrote our first cheque! Have stuck to EFTPOS since then, which don't seem to attract such charges....

As an aside, we've been in NZ for three weeks and are loving every minute. Our campervan arrived safely from the UK. It took a bit of running around to get on the road, but we're fully WOF-ed and Rego-ed and have been up as far as Cape Reinga so far. Now working our way back down the west coast back to AKL and beyond. Would love to take up friendly offers of overnight parking if anyone wants to make them.... ;)

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Great to hear how you're getting on, Kokopeli. ?Hope the weather's being kind to you. ?Seems a bit iffy further south with wind and rain playing havoc with all and sundry. ?Glad to hear the campervan arrived safely and now it's earning its passage from the UK by ferrying you around NZ. ?

Keep us posted with your progress and thoughts and observations on life in NZ. ?Sorry I can't offer any overnight parking as we're a bit out of your way. ? ?:D ?
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

As an aside, we've been in NZ for three weeks and are loving every minute. ?Our campervan arrived safely from the UK. ?It took a bit of running around to get on the road, but we're fully WOF-ed and Rego-ed and have been up as far as Cape Reinga so far. ?Now working our way back down the west coast back to AKL and beyond. ?Would love to take up friendly offers of overnight parking if anyone wants to make them.... ;)
    Great to hear you are enjoying NZ. :) It sounds as if you have just missed an overnight parking opportunity up here if you are now working your way down the west coast to Auckland. It seems you are the second forum person(s) I have missed the chance to inflict coffee and muffins onto in the Bay of Islands. [smiley=eusa_doh.gif]

If you are still in the area watch out for the Kerikeri half-marathon which will cause some road chaos. Looks like it may be a wash-out this year. :-/ I'll send you a PM just in case you are still local, if not have a great time with the rest of your travels. :)
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Hi Glenda,

We're still in the BoI - staying at the Top Ten in Kerikeri all weekend. i would have run the marathon but I cut my foot on the beach on Thursday and am hobbling a bit :-[

I'll PM you with my mobile number - it would be great to meet up and say Hi!

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

We're in Hamilton (well, just outside) kokopeli and our driveway would fit a campervan if you're down our way :)

Enjoy the rest of your travels!

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

We're in Hamilton (well, just outside) kokopeli and our driveway would fit a campervan if you're down our way ?:)
    Oh goody. Wonder if Kokopeli's any good at installing new water tanks. ;D (family joke) Ever the opportunist, me. ;)

Kokopeli, perhaps if you put up some form of itinerary it might prompt a few people into action if they think you're travelling nearby.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

This probably deserves a thread of it's own, but a HUGE thank you to Glenda who gave up her afternoon for a chat over coffee and quite fabulous muffins. We got a full run-down on Kerikeri - and our kids were kept quiet with a good helping of Harry Potter on DVD!

We'll be heading south next so we could be in Hamilton before you know it Welshgirl ;). Is it okay to PM beforehand so you can get the kettle going and warm the oven?

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Sure, go for it kokopeli - kettle's never really off in this house anyway :)

Sorry MB, missed your last line earlier (Kokopeli, perhaps if you put up some form of itinerary it might prompt a few people into action if they think you're travelling nearby. )

Our plan of action is pretty loose and we have absolutely no firm ideas on when or where we'll be until we get there. ?I think they must have used a funny scale when they printed our road atlas because those short lines take an awfully long time to drive :o

Subject to sun/sea/sand/coffee/etc, our loose thoughts at this stage are south through Auckland then out to Coromandel, Bay of Plenty and Hawkes Bay. ?We'll probably head back through Taupo and down to the West Coast and Welly before crossing to the South Island. ?Again, it's pretty vague...

We're open to suggestions for Christmas though - the kids don't think Santa will get in through the skylight in our van!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast