Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalogues

MotherBear is offline The missing link
    currently Ras al Khaimah, UAE, ex Wales, UK
    Blog Entries

Default Catalogues

Do they have mail order catalogues in NZ, like in the UK? ?

I hear about poor quality but expensive clothing in the shops in NZ and I hear about people having things shipped in from abroad, but never heard of anyone mentioning mail order yet. Perhaps we're back to the old chestnut of insufficient population to make it worth while.
    Mother Bear

Try to bloom wherever you are planted.

Welshgirl is offline Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Catalogues

They have Avon here, but I'm really not sure about mail order catalogues - I'll have to check it out.... I don't ever recall seeing or hearing of any [smiley=eusa_think.gif] (though that's probably for the best in my case :-[)

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

I haven't seen any either! I used to get all our clothes from the Grattan catalogue in the UK - it was so much more convenient than travelling 15 miles to our nearest shopping centre.

It is not so bad without them, though, there is always a Warehouse around. [smiley=120.gif] ;)
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

LilAmy is offline God like figure

I know of one but I cant remember the name of it. You can also order on line and the same rules apply as to back home, you try it on, if you dont like it you can send it back free of charge.

I'll look into the name for you.

It had clothes, houseware etc...

Here we go its called www.ezibuy.co.nz

Blog Entries

Oh dear, I wish I hadn't asked now. ?That's my day gone, browsing through the catalogue. ?Got some really nice things, although a few ranges are very restricted, like curtains, for example. ?Prices don't seem too bad either, but then I'm looking at the sale items. ?Always was one for browsing and choosing, then, when the sales came around I would pounce on a few good bargains. ?

I've been without access to mail order catalogues for 9 years now and, although I don't pine for them, I did throughly enjoy scouring the pages to see what's on offer. I appreciated being able to try on clothes in the privacy of my own home, often mixing and matching with my existing clothing. It's annoying to find something in a shop that you think will match a skirt or trousers you have at home, only to find, when you get home, that it's the wrong shade.

Thanks for posting the link, Amy. ?Now that you're online again, you've been very helpful in provding really good info and helping to breathe new life into the forum. ?

Here's to you and your new life in NZ.
    Mother Bear

Glenda is offline All Knowing Deity

Wow, Lil Amy. You've found something we did not know existed! As Mother Bear has just found out - life will not be the same again!
    [smiley=smiley20.gif]
    Glenda
    In NZ since June 2005
    Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Chinese proverb

Blog Entries

I can imagine a lot of husbands/partners not being too pleased about this. Bet they thought they were tucked well away from reach of the dreaded mail order catalogues. Life has probably been good to them in NZ .....till now.

[smiley=Titter.gif]
    Mother Bear

Yip, I think the hubbys & partners wont be best pleased with me for posting that link...

I'll carry on exploring and see if I can find any more online cat's for us to browse and perhaps purchase one or two items :D

Blog Entries

I'll carry on exploring and see if I can find any more online cat's for us to browse and perhaps purchase one or two items ?:D
    Get thee behind me, Satan! ?

But meanwhile......

Long Island ? women?s clothing. ?Not a brilliant site as you only get to see the items in one colour although other colours are available. ?There must be a catalogue available but clicking on the link brings up an error message. ?Note how many of the models are a ?bit on the heavier side? despite the clothing coming in a wide range of sizes.

Here?s one for the kids. ?http://www.pumpkinpatch.co.nz/] Pumpkin Patch [/url]. ?Click on 'Sign up' near the top. ?You can either do e-club or catalogue.

There are a couple of other sites, but the range is extremely limited. ?It looks as though these mail order places, like Ezibuy, also have local shops. ?If you live near one, you could have the catalogue to browse at home, then visit the shop to buy without worrying about paying delivery charges. Best of both worlds.

These are more shopping links, some of which are ok for online shopping, but I haven?t checked many of them out to know what?s what. ?Just thought I?d throw them in.
    Mother Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast